𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"I'm assuming you still haven't figured things out yet?" Donghyuck asked to which Sua shamefully shook her head.

"He's been so sweet and so patient with me. He didn't even once try to bring up our relationship and I really appreciate it. But then Chenle told me about how much Jisung's actually suffering and it's all because of me. I'm so stupid and so so selfish for doing that to him." Sua admitted, breaking eye contact with Donghyuck as the male paid extra attention to her words.

"I think a part of me is too scared to give into my feelings? I doubt that makes sense, but it's a terrifying feeling, Hyuck. Imagine being friends with someone for practically all your life and suddenly you're confronted with all these new feelings." She continued.

"And you don't think it was terrifying for him as well? From the sound of it, it seems he's been struggling much longer than you have." Donghyuck's words made her frown– not because they were wrong, but because she hated that they weren't wrong.

Sua was silent for a few moments as Donghyuck let his words sink in.
"Hyuck, I'm scared. I'm so fucking scared."

"I know but maybe once you just let go of those fears, you'll realize that maybe you had nothing to be scared of in the first place."

Her eyes shot up to his and Donghyuck offered her a small smile. "What if I lose him?"

The boy couldn't do anything but sigh heavily. "You might lose him anyway."

Sua didn't like what Donghyuck's words intended, yet as much as she hated it, he was speaking the truth. She fell back in the seat, her eyes closed as her head was pressed against the seat.

"Sua, let me ask you this." Sua glanced at him from the side, awaiting his question. "Do you like Jisung?"

"Of course, I do. I love him." Sua admitted without any trace of hesitation.

Just then she realized what she had said. She snapped her head in Donghyuck's direction. The boy watched her, an amused smile gracing his lips. "I think you have your answer, Sua."

Had she just openly admit her true feelings for the first time? Yes. Was it to Lee Donghyuck? Also, yes. But it felt so good. It felt amazing, relieving and almost freeing now that it was all out there.

"You're really cool actually." She said, smiling softly at Donghyuck. The latter shrugged, playfully rolling his eyes.

Considering the two always used to bicker with one another, this interaction was quite strange. Sua liked it though. It felt nice finally seeing Donghyuck in a different light; he'd definitely make a good friend.

"Looks like her shift ended." Donghyuck suddenly spoke, gesturing to somewhere outside the car. Sua looked out to see Eun Ae exiting the cafe with a smiling Chenle following behind.

"Eun Ae? Eun Ae is your cousin?" She asked, actually quite shocked by the news.

Donghyuck sheepishly smiled, "Yeah... She's like a little sister to me but don't tell her I said that." He warned, making Sua giggle. "Seems like your friend has a thing for her though."

"Yeah, I personally think they would be good together." Sua replied, still in disbelief that the kind Eun Ae was related to the asshole, Donghyuck. Though she might want to change her opinions on him, especially after today.

Maybe it wasn't all that hard to imagine afterall.

"Do you need a ride? The weather is getting bad and you might get sick walking." He politely offered as it didn't seem like Eun Ae was arriving anytime soon.

"Actually, I think I should take a walk to clear my head." Donghyuck nodded at her response and Sua opened the car door.

On her way out of the car, she managed to gain both Chenle and Eun Ae's attention. Chenle stared in confusion, then his eyes widened once he realized who else was in the car.

Sua ignored the questioning gaze from Chenle, and instead looked at Eun Ae. "You might want to hurry up." She smiled at the girl, who hummed in response.

Sua was about to leave, but then turned back to Donghyuck who busied himself with his phone. "And by the way, Hyuck." He looked up at the mention of his name. "Thank you. You're really not as bad as I thought. I really hope you find your own happiness soon."

Donghyuck didn't know how to respond but the girl had already closed the door. She waved at Chenle and Eun Ae before rushing down the street, Donghyuck watching her through the rear view mirror as her figure disappeared behind the building.

fun fact: in the original plot sua and hyuck were supposed to end up together

anyway, new friendship unlocked 🔓