𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

"Uh... I- I wanted some coffee?" Chenle mentally facepalmed at how it came out more of an question than an actual statement.

Jisung and Sua sat at a table right by the counter, watching the exchange. The two of them struggled to suppress their laughter at Chenle's miserable attempt at talking to Eun Ae. The funny thing was that somehow Eun Ae seemed to be the more calm one when she used to be just like Chenle when they first met.

"Right... So, what can I get you?" Eun Ae asked, turning her attention to the register to enter his order. Chenle looked back at his friends who only shrugged in response. This caused Chenle to roll his eyes; they definitely weren't any help.

The two kept their eyes on Chenle and Eun Ae. By the looks of it Chenle hasn't ordered yet, or Eun Ae just hasn't gotten around to making his drink. Instead they're having a conversation, about what neither of them knew but Eun Ae was laughing as Chenle leaned against counter.

Sua smiled to herself as she watched them. Considering all that's going on she was content knowing that Chenle was happy. She then turned to Jisung just as he landed his eyes on her too. "They're so cute." Sua stated, a big smile plastered on her face.

Jisung hummed, staring at Sua as she took another glance in Chenle's direction. "I hope they start dating. They really compliment each other."

It was quiet for a few moments, Sua too engrossed in her own mind but then Jisung spoke up. "What about you? Do you want to start dating?"

Sua looked over at Jisung, wary of the topic at hand. She didn't hold the eye contact and heaved a sigh as she looked away.

"Sua, can we please just talk about us?" Jisung pleaded. His tone was a mixture of desperation and frustration.

However, Sua wanted to avoid answering Jisung's question, but she knew she couldn't. "What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know, Sua. Maybe something that could give me more certainty about where we're heading, because right now you're confusing me so much. I know we talked about it and I know I promised to give you time to think. But it's been months and you still can't even give me an answer. Instead it just feels like you're leading me on now."

"Jisung-" The boy didn't even give her a chance to finish when he got up from his chair. Chenle looked over at him, Jisung signaling that he's going to leave to which Chenle frowned but nodded. Sua called out for him again, but he was already walking out the door.

Sua ran after him, struggling to catch up to him. "Jisung!" She tried once again. She felt the guilt setting in her heart, she knew she had no one else to blame for Jisung's reaction other than herself.

When she finally managed to reach the boy, she grabbed his arm, turning him to her. "Why did you leave?" She asked, eyes flickering between Jisung's.

"Because I'm mad, Sua. I'm tired and I'm hurt because you can't seem to see how you stringing me along hurts me. I was trying so hard to be okay with everything. I was trying to convince myself that you just need some time and that if I'm just a little bit more patient with you, maybe then you'd realize just how much I like you. I was willing to set my own feelings aside for you, but now... now my patience has run out. I can't keep doing this with you."

"You don't mean that." Sua replied, staring up at the boy with eyes filled with disbelief.

Jisung's eyes fell to the ground, his breaths ragged and uneven. Sua's eyes remained fixed on him. She so badly wanted him to look at her the way he always looked at her. She wanted to tell him how wrong he was about her feelings. She wanted to say all the things flashing through her mind but she just couldn't.

Jisung hoped she would say something else. Something that could make his doubts go away, but she never did and that's what broke him the most. "I think it's better if we just keep our distance from each other."

"Jisung-"

"No," He cut her off again. "We've hurt each other too much already, Sua. I've expressed my feelings in more ways than one, but you've made it clear that you have no interest in being with me. I just can't- I can't keep being just a best friend to you. I think I deserve a bit better than that."

:')

:')