¢нαρтєя ΙЭ.Ձȣ

Beomgyu had forgotten everything

Beomgyu had forgotten everything. The burglary, the meeting with Yeonjun, Dae and Lisa. That he was a ghostwriter and where he lived.

His entire existence had been forgotten with the surviving headshot and the slight damage to the temporal lobe of his brain. And even though Yeonjun had described the situation to him, recounted the traumatic experiences, Beomgyu simply could not remember. Even the doctors did not know if the young man would ever remember his life again, which is why Beomgyu's parents had decided to bring him to their home. In the hope that his childhood home and familiar surroundings would remind him of who he once was.

Also books, the cassettes and the laptop could not be missing.

And while Beomgyu had moved back to his parents' house, Yeonjun inevitably had to go back to his own apartment.

He had tried to clean up the mess that had happened inside. He had started sorting through his things, putting them in the boxes that had otherwise just been sitting around and serving as seating. He had even written some job applications, but couldn't really work yet because of his gunshot wound. He spent a lot of time at home, although Lisa sometimes visited, keeping him company and trying to distract him from his loneliness. He thought a lot about his past and what kind of person he had been before all this.

But the time he had experienced together with Beomgyu had made him completely rethink and he really wanted to change his life.

But how, if the boy he had fallen in love with had forgotten him?

How, if all the horrible things they had experienced resided in his mind?

It took many months before there were the first signs that Beomgyu remembered his life. The first indication was the interest in stories.

He was particularly fond of his own stories, which he had recorded on cassette tapes. But since he did not own a cassette player, but only the recording device, his parents had to get him one. Beomgyu had been puzzled by the fact that he had a recording device but nothing to play it back. Instead, he had noticed that the frequent visitor, Yeonjun, had one.

Every time the brown-haired man made his way home, he would put on the headphones and stroll down the street with his head hanging.

And every time, Beomgyu would watch him from the window.

It also still puzzled him why Yeonjun's siblings were staying with him and his parents, even though they had explained it to him. But all he could think of on the subject was that there must have been a connection between Yeonjun and him to make such a decision. At the same time, Beomgyu was always puzzled that they exchanged words so rarely. But that was more due to the former ghostwriter himself.

He didn't know how to address Yeonjun.

Or what he should talk to him about.

This tense atmosphere lasted for a long time, until one day Beomgyu sat in his father's reading chair and waited for Sol and Dae's big brother to arrive.