¢нαρтєя Ч.θȣ

»Hissing, he stood between me and the door, had thus pulled his hand from the handle and stood there like a bodyguard, who no longer let anyone out of the room

»Hissing, he stood between me and the door, had thus pulled his hand from the handle and stood there like a bodyguard, who no longer let anyone out of the room. When it came down to it, he could also try to forget the argument, just to hear and know that I hadn't meant it seriously. He didn't want to lose our relationship, apparently wanted to be with me despite the secret. 'I don't want anyone else either, you wise guy.'«

Admittedly, Yeonjun had been captivated by the story the young amateur writer was telling, and he was a little embarrassed because it was quite a romance after all.

It was about feelings.

Heartbreak.

Love.

All of that.

And Yeonjun wasn't the type at all, yet he lay in bed listening to the voice of the boy he had seen a few days ago. He had sometimes caught himself thinking back to that. How he had stood in his way and the insolent answers.

He would not have thought him capable of that, when such gentle words were coming out of him.

»He had probably been really afraid that we would truly separate.
It would be torture. To see me and know that we had no chance.«

"Loser, pah," Yeonjun grumbled as he thought back on it.

He was not a loser.

True, he had gone off the rails a bit. Had dropped out of school, tried different jobs, and done a lot of illegal things, but he certainly wasn't a loser.

He was convinced of that.

He was also surprised that Beomgyu called himself one. Did he think so little of himself?

A heavy sigh sounded from the cassette player. The chair squeaked softly, as if someone were moving in it. A sniffle. »What am I actually doing here?«

"Writing?" replied Yeonjun automatically with a light laugh, putting his arm under his head to support it. He was snuggled into a comfy pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt because he wasn't planning on leaving the apartment today. "And worry too much."

Because that's exactly what it sounded like. The sighing, the restless fidgeting. Beomgyu didn't seem at all convinced of what he was doing.

»Hm. Maybe I should try online chats or dating apps. What do people want from a relationship anyway?«

"Dating apps are definitely not for you," Yeonjun muttered to himself, opening his eyes and looking up at the ceiling. The sun was fighting its last rays through the curtains on his window. "Too many who just want sex."

And Beomgyu hadn't seemed like he wanted any of that.

But the question of what people wanted from a relationship got the boy with the dark, tousled hair thinking. "Maybe...affection? The feeling that someone would drop everything for you. Someone to feel comfortable with."