Chapter 44- The Last Dance

Começar do início

Commentators POV

"Good evening Ladies and gentlemen! Today is the day that so many people around the world look forward to! The International Collegiate Pokemon Battling Championship matchup is finally set between the number one seed, Mauville University of Hoenn, and their opponents, the Cinderella story of the number six seed of the traditionally bottom feeding Pasio University. Spearheading each side is a graduate of Anistar City High School, and members of that renowned championship team from 3 years ago. So you have to think that there's some sadness that they have to face old teammates on the other side right?"

My partner shook his head, "Not at all, let me tell you, from what I hear, there is no love lost between Calem and Matisse, that interview Matisse gave wasn't to build hype, it was real. Those two genuinely have bones to pick with each other." He motioned to the video crew, "We have a video from yesterday that somebody took of them having a confrontation yesterday, it wasn't pretty."

The video showed of Calem and Matisse and Grant exchanging words at the local Pokemon Lab, Elio was also involved but the video crew had to blur him out because he made some er... Interesting sign language let's just say. We let the video play through then I spoke, "Yeah. There's definitely a conflict there. Lots of promises made for the outcome of today." My partner nodded, "For sure. First taking the field now will be Pasio University, let's see if Elio has another flashy entrance up his sleeve." Just then, as if to answer my question, "The Call" hit the stadium speakers and the Pasio faithful in the evenly divided crowd yelled their support.

Elio and Calem ran out with their pointer fingers (Thankfully not Elio's usual) pointed at the sky. Fireworks launching and booming as he ran pay them at the climax of the music. The rest of the team followed, running out to loud cheers, "And here comes Pasio! Big underdogs today, but that's nothing new to them, let's see how this goes for them."

Calem POV

I gave high fives as each member of the team passed me, then I gave Brendan a shoulder bump as he got to me. We stood in a straight line facing where Mauville would be coming from. Seconds later we heard the famous Mauville marching band start their fight song. Moments later as the music and cheers reached a peak, Mauville walked out together in their stark Red and Black jerseys, Matisse at the head. They walked forward and stood on their side, also in a line. The call was made, it was time to send the first 3 out from each side. I motioned for a huddle, once it was formed I looked around, "Alright, I'm saving the usual starters for last today, that means I'm leading with Ethan, Hilda, and Hilbert._ They all looked at me and I continued, "Can you guys handle that." They each nodded silently, I then slapped the backs of the two people next to me, "Great, make their lives miserable." The three of them walked up slowly, Hilda stopped midway to give Hilbert a tight hug. They separated and stood across from the 3 opposing trainers from Mauville. The crowd cheered and I looked to the scoreboard.

It's go time. Come on guys. You can do it.

Ethan POV

I took several deep breaths, then looked to Hilda and Hilbert, "Want me to shot call?" They nodded, and I looked across from us, "They've got high damage potential, but they're also glass cannons, do what you have to, take some shots but make sure you give them back, ready?" They nodded. I turned to face the opponents and smiled, "Let's see what you've got!" The referee raised his hand, at the drop of his hand, the war begins. The hand dropped and the crowd noise was deafening. No chance to adjust on the fly in this kind of environment. I yelled to Typhlosion, "Eruption let's go!" He did as he was told and the volcanic rocks launched toward the Mauville team, the 3 pokemon skillfully avoided it, that's not gonna work, they're too good to take attacks with no set up. I saw Hilda and Hilbert moving together trying to do something, I yelled to look out as a moonblast from the Altaria shot near them, they both managed to avoid it, then went back into the fray, I thought for a moment, maybe if I isolate their biggest threat, they can handle a 2 on 2. I had Typhlosion move in to fight the Infernape, they tussled, but the Infernape delivered quick punches and sent him away quick. I checked on the Unovans, and saw as Hilbert landed an aqua jet on the Altaria, doing a little damage. I refocused and once again moved to distract, but Typhlosion was grabbed from behind by the shadow sneaking Gengar, which threw him forward and hit him with a shadow ball. That was it. I knelt down in frustration.