"It's okay," Isa said, "Your dad's in good hands. And you did amazing, really amazing."

Piper sobbed into Isa's cardigan, before she took in deep breaths, calming herself down, "Thank you, guys," she said. "I-I really appreciate you and everything you've done for me so far."

"Always," Isa smiled, wiping the tears from Piper's cheeks, "We're always here for you."

Red slowly nuzzled himself ( back in his cat form ) onto Piper's leg, when right next to them, the air began to shimmer. An Iris message. An image appeared in the air ─ a dark-haired girl in silver winter camouflage, holding a bow.

Jason stumbled back in surprise. "Thalia!"

"Thank the gods," said the Hunter. The scene behind her was hard to make out, but Isa heard yelling, metal clashing on metal, and explosions. "We've found her! Where are you?"

"Oakland," he said. "Where are you?"

"The Wolf House! Oakland is good; you're not too far. We're holding off the giant's minions, but we can't hold them forever. Get here before sunset, or it's all over."

"Then it's not too late?" Piper cried. 

"Not yet," Thalia said. "But Jason ─ it's worse than I realized. Porphyrion is rising. Hurry."

"But where is the Wolf House?" he pleaded.

"Our last trip," Thalia said, her image starting to flicker. "The park. Jack London. Remember?" 

This made no sense to Isa, but Jason looked like he'd been shot. He tottered, his face pale, and the Iris message disappeared.

"Dude, you all right?" Leo asked. "You know where she is?"

"Yes," Jason said. "Sonoma Valley. Not far. Not by air."

Piper turned to the ranger pilot, who'd been watching all this with an increasingly puzzled expression. "Ma'am," Piper said with her best smile. "You don't mind helping us one more time, do you?"

"I don't mind," the pilot agreed.

"We can't take a mortal into battle," Jason said. "It's too dangerous." he turned to Leo. "Do you think you could fly this thing?"

"Um. . ." Leo's expression didn't exactly reassure Isa. But then he put his hand on the side of the helicopter, concentrating hard, as if listening to the machine. "Bell 412HP utility helicopter. Composite four blade main rotor, cruising speed twenty-two knots, service ceiling twenty-thousand feet. The tank is near full. Sure, I can fly it."

Piper smiled at the ranger again. "You don't have a problem with an under-aged unlicensed kid borrowing your copter, do you? We'll return it." 

I ─ " the pilot nearly choked on the words, but she got them out: "I don't have a problem with that."

Leo grinned. "Hop in, kids. Uncle Leo's gonna take you fora ride."

Isa decided she much preferred riding on Red's back and any pegasi at that point then in a helicopter. But alas, she sat in the back with Jason, Piper in the copilot seat, and Leo flying the helicopter. How much experience he had? None, but Isa trusted him as a son of Hephaestus; they knew their way around machines.

"Going okay?" Piper asked.

"Aces," Leo said. "So what's the Wolf House?"

Jason knelt between their seats and Isa got on his back so, she too, could see the pair in the front. "An abandoned mansion in the Sonoma Valley. A demigod built it ─ Jack London."