Prologue

I never thought that something that's only used in books and films could actually be true. But when something crazy happened to me, I knew that everything I knew about life, wasn't actually true.

I thought we were all just living on a planet with no powers. People are working, younger ones go to school, and much younger ones need to be taken care of. It seemed like all was just there, no powers, and no things such like superheroes or super-humans even existed.

Because why wouldn't it? We never had these kind of things ever in our lives. Those societies only happened in movies or books. Think about Marvel or DC, or think about some other shows, maybe anime ones like My Hero Academia where heroes are a thing. Those are fictional, and they don't really exist.

It never occurred to me that those things could exist. It may not be in our universe, or our milky way... But who says there is only one? Maybe the multiverse exists, we don't know.

I always thought it wasn't true. To me, those things were just fictional. They could only exist in films, TV shows, or books, and not in real life.

But that thought changed not too long ago.

I was going home from a vacation with my parents, younger brother, and younger sister. We were all in the car listening to Taylor Swift's newest song, screaming on the top of our lungs. My dad was driving, my mum was looking at the navigation and me and my younger siblings were singing.

Everything was fine that day. Or at least, it seemed fine. We just had an amazing vacation in France and we were going back home to England. We were in the south of France for weeks, enjoying the sun and having loads of fun at the swimming pool. We were in an All Inclusive hotel because my parents were married for fifteen years, so we decided to have a luxe vacation. It was all very well, and we all enjoyed it very much.

At that time, it was around 9 PM, I'm not quite sure. I remember hearing the news not too long ago before Taylor's new song came on. We just had our food, and things seemed to be just fine.

Until my mum started screaming. I was about to ask what was going on, looking out of the front window to see what my mother saw.

The last thing I saw, was a bright red truck before it hit the front of our car.

——————

hi ! the prologue is a bit short i know, i'm sorry. the next chapter will be longer!