Chapter 7 - Starting To Unravel

Start from the beginning

Somehow, you've continuously lost your way. Pain has already played its part.

There are chains around you. They burn and bite, but you don't do a thing. Your shoulders are sagged with the weight of deep burdens, but you choose not to untangle them from your body. Something inside you grabs on too tightly to let go off, something is the cause of you turning into a monster

Many think time heals the soul, but it merely worsens the sting. Festering and bubbling, you still grow bitter of your past. You still remember and hold on too tightly, re-telling things that were meant to be smoothed out. Like a man deprived of light, you open what is injured but ignore what should be cleaned. So wounds will still bleed out and hearts still stay abandoned. You choose to stare at the dark, yet ignoring the sun that is pleading to make morning with you every day. 

Forgiving is not easy. The past is never so quickly forgotten. But if you tried harder, you will see how wrong you've been. Be brave and you'll understand. Be brave so that you may see the horizon again.

Keep holding onto that pain and you'll and up suffocate yourself.  

Unravel yourself instead. Your soul does not belong in hell. It was not made to be abandoned so quickly by the likes of one so strong

Beauty is there. Find it. 

_____________________________________

The hand around Gunner's skin burned through the thin materials covering him. He felt a cold shiver course past his wrist into his arm and he winced, pulling back on the tight hold Skaris had on him.

"Hey." His voice left him before he could snatch it back. His eyes went straight to the knife that was being held to Mikkel's throat. With a sinking feeling, Gunner's sight followed the small trail of fresh blood that flowed down the man's nape when Viking pressed the blade down again.

The instant he spoke the word all three men snapped around, three pairs of bright glowering eyes snapped to him with inhuman speed. He was tempted to question everything he was seeing and hearing right now because it all seemed too insane to be real, but he pushed the thought out of his head and focused on the three in front of him. 

Mikkel shifted on his feet only to be snarled at by Viking. With a loud warning, Mikkel stilled, eyes morphing into daggers. "What, human?" He spat out, glare digging into Gunner's soul.

"Don't you fucking dare say that like I'm some insect compared to you." Gunner snapped, eyes ablaze with a quiet glare. "I haven't done anything to you."

The man froze, eyes widening. Behind Mikkel, Viking blinked like he had just experienced something completely strange. Even Skaris who was in front of Gunner turned back to send him a raised brow. Gunner had never felt like this before, he was certain of that. He knew of lust, he knew of attraction to someone else, but never in this way. They drew him in, capturing his eyes and curiousity. There was something in the way they held themselves and how they acted. He couldn't say exactly what it was, yet it consumed his head like a stain on a piece of paper. Irritating and infuriating... 

What was this? He wasn't acting like himself, Gunner thought. He didn't even know them. He was already held with one look. But he wasn't going to let this attraction control him like some damn sickness. They could say anything they want, but to be that disrespectful wasn't something that stuck well with Gunner.