It turns out that we had made a powerful ally in Lian. Her whole village was willing to help us and so Lorelei and Myles set out a week ago to fetch them. They had been marching for days which gave Fundy and Quackity time to make room for them in L'Manburg. After evacuating most of the citizens we had turned L'Manburg into our military base. 

The cool morning air nips my nose and cheeks no doubt turning them pink. It is still summer, but I felt autumn in the air with each passing day. Soon we would be right back where we started. A whole year since I first arrived with Tommy and Tubbo. 

It's felt like a century. 

In the light of the early sun, I feel warm and wonderfully small. Everything felt so strange these days. Standing at the head of a war room or being in a meeting with the generals made me feel big. It isn't something I'm used to. I spent most of my life is small, working under people. To suddenly have all this influence felt wrong. At the end of the day, I may be a god but I was raised just like any other human. It was so new to me. 

As we near the border I slow Percy down to a walk looking out for Lorelei and Myles. It's not long before I spot Angus' huge frame lugging their caravan. In front of them march who I assume to be officials of Lian's town. 

We stop a few metres from one another. I dismount and notice the crow and Cosette land on Percy's saddle behind me. The sun is higher now, only slight traces of the yellow sunrise remain.

I slowly walk to the man in the middle of the line in front of Lorelei and Myles. I could tell he was in charge simply by his appearance. Knowing what I know about the culture in Lian's village, it was clear enough by his size that he was their leader. 

He is, to put it simply, a man mountain. I wouldn't he wasn't as tall as Ranboo but he was certainly taller than Wilbur was. He looked as if he'd killed many people and that he'd do it again a thousand times. 

He wears a vest made of thick black leather lined with black fur that left his huge muscled arms for the world to see. They were covered thickly in traditional tattoos like how Lian's arm was tattooed with a beautiful fish. His tattoos were harder to make out under all his scars. Symbolic scarring, I noticed all the men in the line had it. Jagged horizontal lines and on their knuckles they had small triangles on their knuckles. 

I wondered what the scars were for. Initiation? Victory? Strength? Station? A combination of all of them? Lian's culture ran so deep and rich, it was hard to guess anything. 

His hair was long, black and tightly knotted behind his head. His face was chiselled like weathered rock and his eyes were inky black but strangely wise and kind. 

I stop in front of him, I knew he was watching me as I was watching him. I salute, the greeting we had grown accustomed to in the rebellion. The men all bow respectfully, we return to our previous positions in sync. 

"I cannot thank you enough for coming to our aid," I say formally. I'm overwhelmed with the feeling that I should impress these warriors. I feel small again, only this time I'm not sure if I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed being small in front of the sun. 

"It was time we stopped hiding in the shadows and offered our strength. When all is done, we will be freer people," their leader's voice is rough like sandpaper. 

"I am Y/N, one of the leaders of the rebellion and descendant of the gods," I force myself to keep a straight face. I sounded so obnoxious. 

"And I am Tai Shu, leader of our people. We do not have a name for our village, we are on no maps, there is no need for it," he smiles and I smile back. His attempt at a more lighthearted topic was something I appreciated. I could tell that we would get along.