chapter three.

"here i-"

"no." she cut him off and started to walk away when he ran in front of her, causing her to stop in her place.

"but i didn't even get to-"

"don't care." she cut him off once again and walked around him before a bunch of feathers dragged her back to him.

"that's dirty." she glared at him, encased in red feathers as she stood in front of him against her will.

"don't care." he repeated her words with a childish charm and stuck his tongue out at her. ira returned the favour, her tongue piercing reflecting the light. keigo physically gasped and for a second his feathers lost their grip around his difficult sister. this was more than enough time for her and she stuck out her wings to their full length in order to shake off as many feathers of his as she could, before sprinting away.

"hey! i'm not done with you!" he shouted from outside the bathroom door where his sister had locked herself in. 

"too bad, i am!" she childishly argued back from the other side. she saw a red feather slip through the cracks of the bathroom door and widened her eyes in fear, she would be caught there was no denying - or any point of escaping. but that didn't stop her! you see this little dumbass jumped out the bathroom window and hung from the ledge with both hands, gripping onto it for life.

"you really don't know when to give up, do you?" keigo smirked as he stuck his head out the window. she angrily glared at him and struggled to hold her weight - yes she had wings but that was only to be used incase she fell. he held his hand out to her and she begrudgingly took it with an over dramatic sigh. 

"i see you inherited the takami theatrics." keigo chuckled as he followed ira out the bathroom.

"shut up you overgrown chicken." she grumbled as she crossed her arms and flopped onto the sofa, sitting upright.

"as i was saying before someone decided to interupt-"

"are you done yet?" she asked loudly.

"i swear i'm gonna give you up for adoption- sHUT UP" he grumbled to himself before giving ira a small black box.

"i don't want-"

"jUST TAKE THE DAMN BOX" he shouted annoyed. ira raised her eyebrows in surprise and chuckled to herself. she truly enjoyed winding keigo up, just generally making him upset was her goal in life. did that make her an evil sister as well as an evil person? maybe, who was she to judge. she opened the box and gasped slightly, it was beautiful. she would never admit to to her brother, but she couldn't deny it.

"and here's the best part." he told her excitedly, as if he was a child giving away a Christmas present. he took her wrist where she had already clasped on the bracelet and stuck one of his feathers on it.

"aand it looks dumb now." she announced.

"you're such a buzz kill." he groaned over dramatically and flopped himself onto the sofa besides her. 

"wait, now?"

"what?" she asked in response to his stupid comment.

"you said 'it looks dumb now' which means you thought it was pretty before!" he concluded and sat up, waving a finger in ira's face.

"shut up," she mumbled embarrassed "and quit waving your finger in my face before i bite it off!"

 keigo was quick to oblige, not doubting his sister would do it. she became feral and lost her humanity when it came to anything about her brother. after a few moments of awkward silence, keigo decided to start a conversation.

"so when d'you get the piercing?" he asked with asked menacing aura radiating off him. ira physically sweat dropped and avoided eye contact - but that became hard to do once he stuck his face directly in front of hers.

"a few days ago..." she mumbled and stared at the ceiling. keigo didn't budge.

"anything else you wanna tell me, like why you're wearing a turtleneck in the heat of this house?" 

he knows, ira panicked to herself. she wouldn't openly admit it, but her brother was scary when it came to her - usually he was so carefree and unbothered by her bitterness that she forgot he was older than her, and the number three hero for a reason.

"igotatattooaccrossmyneckandcollarboneandalsoonmythightomykneeandonmyrightarm." she quickly told him and shielded herself with her wings.

"yOU GOT IT WHERE TO WHERE AND WHERE!?" he shouted in surprise and anger, but a part of him was proud that she was able to handle the pain of it.

"I KNEW ABOUT YOUR NECK AND COLLARBONE BUT WHEN THE HELL DID YOU GET IT ON YOUR ARM! AND ON YOUR F-CKING THIGH!!"

"if it helps it was a lady who gave me the tattoos, she was nice and gave me a lollipop at the end." ira tried to ease the situation and perked up at the end.

"YOUR. F-CKING. THIGH!" 

"yeah... i mean it looks really cool." she tried again but the look from keigo said all.

"I think i'll go to sleep now." she got up with a jump and was about to open her door but the raspy voice from her brother caused her to cringe and turn back around, fear evident on her face.

"my jacket..."

"what?"

"my jacket was in your room, how come?" ira blushed in embarrassment, truth is she was bored so she tried on keigo's hero outfit but ended up vibing in his jacket for the rest of the day. 

"i had to use something to wipe off the bird sh-t that was on my window." she told him and quickly entered her room with a 'goodnight'. keigo smiled to himself, slowly yet surely, she was warming up to him again. soon he'd finally be forgiven in her eyes and they'd go back to how they used to be - even if it had been five years.

AN: can yall comment any ideas you have, what parts you liked, what I can improve on etc. it would help me write better and also know people don't think this is complete trash

jan 17 2022