𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I don't do that to you." Aurora defends, almost offended that Fleur thinks of her like that.

"Okay, then to everyone. They're worried and my word of telling them you're insecure and stubbornness is getting old." Fleur wasn't mad, quite the opposite. She hasn't seen this side of Aurora but loves her despite it. It was just comforting to know she's physically okay. But perhaps not in her mind, Fleur couldn't ask until brought on.

Aurora defeatedly looks down and shakes her head. "How can I? I did a reckless thing that almost exposed the Order."

"That's not your fault."

"It was. You warned me —"

"— Because I was worried of your safety —"

"— But I did not listen." Aurora continues, acted as if Fleur didn't say a word. Then she sighs, closing her eyes and tossing Harry's letter by the feet of their shared bed. "Harry must be rigid of the news." She mutters and covers her face.

"Sirius assured him you're okay. Though he wants to see you properly to be able to be confident in saying that." Fleur shakes her head before taking Aurora's bruised hands into her own gently. "Aurora, don't push me away too."

"Do I do that? I'm sorry. . ."

Fleur sighs but managed through. "You have me so worried."

"Sorry, Love." Aurora mutters, instinctively reminding herself to hex herself once she gets the privilege of getting her wand back. When she woke up and asked for it back, Fleur refused and told her not until she gains strength to do something as simple as a lifting spell.

"You should be." Then Aurora stops a laugh but can't help the smile brought onto her lips. Fleur relaxes upon seeing that, replicating that scene in adoring eyes. "Daphne's mad at you. She's worried but she mad."

"I'm sure she is."

"Aurora, you wouldn't know all this from me if you simply join at least dinner or lunch downstairs." Fleur brings up and Aurora physically winces at the idea. "Okay. . . At least have Daphne visit you. I think she's bound to hex Sirius the next time she's approached by someone who isn't you."

Aurora leans her back on the headboard, the back of her head resting on the wooden frame while she looks up the ceiling. "It's just difficult to be seen so fragile. Like someone acts so careful around me like I'd easily break."

"My love, you almost died. How can no one act so careful around you?" Fleur plants a delicate kiss on the back of Aurora's hand, sending an alluring and comforting feeling down the girl's spine.

"I suppose." Aurora lightly shrugs but it hurts and stops when she realizes that burning sensation in her bones. She closed her eyes.

"Clearly, you need to walk around." Fleur taunts playfully and resting her chin lightly on Aurora's shoulder, eyes looking up to the Slytherin who chuckled at that sentence.

"I do walk. Just a tiny bit."

"When you need to go to the bathroom." Fleur rolls her blue eyes.

"Fleur."

"Sirius is worried about you just as much as the rest is —"

"— Fleur."

"What?"

Aurora genuinely laughs at Fleur's small snap that Aurora found adorable. She brought her hand up and delicately grazed the back of her palm on Fleur's perfect skin, eyes twinkling from the sunlight that beams out of window curtains. They share a loving look no one will measure.

"Thank you for dealing with my pessimistic behaviour." Aurora whispers, her boring eyes held sincerity that melts Fleur into abyss. "I love you always." She plants a small kiss on the Delacour girl's forehead.

Fleur gives in to the nostalgic moments of being loved and showered with care, she forgot what it felt like until now. "Will you promise you'll let Sirius talk to you later?" Fleur questions, sitting upright and sees Aurora smile and nod with her lips shut. "Okay, good. I love you too."

Before their lips would connect, Aurora chuckles and softly places her weak hand against Fleur's cheek, letting her touch melt her by the amount of adoration it had held. For as Fleur traced her fingers across Aurora's cheek and down her chin, lifting it higher for them to kiss deeply than before.

It was an extraordinary feeling to be cared and loved like how Fleur does to a fragile Aurora Black.