ฅ Additional Chapter (2) ฅ

POV George

After about a few hours we were able to successfully get my stuff inside and into the spare room I had used when I first got there. Even though I'll be sleeping in Dream's room the most, it's still nice to have my own space to keep all my things.

I'm finally unpacking the last of my things when I hear Sapnap not-so-subtly talking to Dream in the hallway.

"Are you gonna show him the surprise yet??" He tries to whisper but fails miserably as I can hear him loud and clear.

"I will- I will, I'm just sad the rest of the surprise hasn't come in the mail yet, I would've ordered them earlier if I knew he was gonna be here earlier," Dream huffs out, "But it's fine we can just start with the one since we already got it from the store."

"Yes!" Sapnap whisper-yells.

What the hell could they have planned for me that would get Sapnap of all people excited. I have a feeling this is gonna be more of a treat for them than a surprise for me.

I resume what I was doing and start folding up the last box as soon as it was empty, leaning against the others by the wall. Standing up straight I take a look around the room and feel proud of all my hard work.

Earlier Dream had helped me put up my blackout curtains for when I want a dark place to nap, and the bed had been filled with all of my pillows from back home. My setup had also been placed on a large desk Dream had gotten me to avoid having to move any larger furniture. The rest of the room was decently clean as I haven't really lived in it yet but I know within a week my clothes will be scattered all over the place again, especially taking space on my bed which might already look like a mess to outsiders, but perfect to me as the pillows are specifically placed for my comfort, (as well as a hoodie Dream had left laying around within the pillows but we won't give attention to that).

"George c,mere!" My ears perk up as I hear Dream from down the hall. Oh boy.

I turn towards the door and start quietly making my way to the living room, then carefully peek my head around the corner to be cautious. But the only sight I see is Dream standing in the middle of the room with his hands behind his back and Sapnap standing right beside him, both with beaming smiles on their faces. My ears lower and I narrow my eyes at them, I don't like where this is going.

"I told you I had a surprise.." Dream speaks up as he realizes I'm not moving from behind the wall, "It's nothing bad!"

"Yeah, come on Gogy!" I roll my eyes at Sapnap as I step closer, my tail swishes dangerously behind me. Out of the corner of my eye I can see both Cat and Patches lounging on the couch, flipping around on their backs and rubbing up against the cushions while purring. My ears perk up as I realize what the surprise is.

Dream finally reveals a small jar of catnip in his hands, but before I could even respond Sapnap snatches it and starts unscrewing the lid. My ears fold back again.

"Considering how you reacted with the laser pointer, we wanted to see how you'd be with catnip," Sapnap explains, "So we found some at the store the other day and figured why not." His smile brightens as he finally gets the jar open.

"And you don't find this degrading in any way?" I huff out in response. The truth is, I've never even tried catnip in my life and I have been a bit curious seeing as how other cats react. Though I'd never admit that.

"Not when it's you gogy~" Sap coos, I give him my best face of disgust.

"This isn't even the whole surprise anyway," Dream chimes in as if I didn't know, "We're just curious about your feline-half." The hesitant smile on his face makes it easier to tell he feels a bit guilty for wanting to do this.

"I'm fine with trying it," I let out a sigh, "Just don't expect too much out of me, I've never tried catnip before." I cross my arms.

Sapnap's eyes light up before I'm pulled to the floor and we're all sitting in a circle like school girls at a sleepover.

"So how do you want to do this?" Dream directs the question at me.

"I think you should smoke it" Sapnap cuts in, Dream raises his eyebrows at him.

"I'm not smoking anything."

"Pussy." Sap smirks at me. Wait for it..

"Haha literally!" He laughs at his own joke causing me to roll my eyes again.

"Alright can we just on with this already becau-" Before I can finish my sentence the lid of the jar is popped open and I lose my thought process.

POV Dream

I didn't want to get involved in the bickering between Sap and George but as soon as I saw Sapnap pop open the lid of the jar, George was a goner. His pupils immediately dilated and any trace of annoyance was gone from his expression, leaving him in a trance-like state.

"Holy shit!" Sapnap starts laughing, "I didn't expect it to affect him so quickly!"

I watch as the other starts sprinkling the catnip onto the carpet, knowing it's his favorite way of giving it to Patches. George immediately drops down to the floor and starts rubbing his face on the carpet, a purr rumbling from the back of his throat.

"Dude!" Sapnap whips out his phone and opens his camera to record.

"Be careful not to accidentally send or post that anywhere," I warn him.

"Ah don't worry, I'd never do that to Georgie~" Sap keeps his attention fixated on George, "Only using it for fake blackmail and such." He smiles evilly, I roll my eyes at his antics.

All of a sudden there's a head pushed up to where my knee rests on the floor in criss-cross position. I look down to see George starting to rub his cheek against my thigh, my face heats up at the action.

Sapnap snickers next to me.

"I think he's taken a liking to your lap Dreamie~" George moves his head further into my lap, his purring gradually growing louder with his movements. Reaching down I move my hand onto his head and start petting by his ears, only intensifying the purrs.

"Geez how much louder can he get?" Sap stares dumbfounded.

"You don't even know," I chuckle at the thought of our moments.

"Maybe I don't wanna know now," He backs off with his hands in the surrendering position, "I've seen enough, have fun with your little pet." He snickers again and disappears down the hallway to his room.

"Can't get enough of his own lovebirds, can he Georgie?" I ask him rhetorically. George opens his eyes from where his head was laying facing up on my lap, his pupils still completely blown out. Before I could do anything else, George lets out a meow and my heart absolutely melts. I've heard him purr, hiss, and snarl before, but not meow.

"Oh my god," I whisper breathlessly while continuing to comb through his hair, absolutely smitten by the boy. We need to do this more often.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

After a few more minutes of just petting him, I can tell George is finally coming back to his senses from the way he looks up at me again.

"Dream?" His voice is small from where he still lays in my lap.

"Yeah?" I respond softly.

"Can we do this every month?" He asks quietly. I huff out a laugh.

"Anything for you Georgie." I smile at him fondly.

(Word Count: 1331)