ฅ Chapter 17 ฅ

POV George

When I saw Dream walk into that hotel lobby, I was ready to get up and run, right there. I didn't think he would follow me.

"George!" he shouts, entering the dead lobby.

"Dream?" I question, wondering if I'm seeing things.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" he exclaims, "I even tried calling you but you never picked up!" his eyes hold a worried expression as he looks me up and down.

"You were looking for me?" my voice shrinks.

"Of course I was! I was worried about you! You even left without saying anything!" He rubs his face with his hands.

I look down and start playing with the sleeves of my hoodie. He was worried about me? It doesn't make sense. He knows about my secret now so how or why could he possibly still care?

"I don't understand," I almost whisper, "I'm a stupid freak, why would you care about me or want anything to do with me?"

"Because you're still George, no matter what, and I will always love you." he's wearing a fond smile as I look up at him and feel my cheeks heat up, immediately turning away to hopefully hide my blush. I don't think it worked.

"Please, come home." he pleads, grabbing my hands gently to hold them, "We'll figure this out, but right now Sapnap is confused waiting back at the house."

Oh right, Sapnap. He doesn't know about me or anything that has happened yet. Is Dream going to tell him? Would Sapnap hate me? I don't know if I could handle two people finding out in one day.

I furrow brows as I stare off into space, trying to think of any logical reasons for me to just stay and get a hotel room. But I don't find any.

"Okay." I agree quietly. Dream smiles with me as he pulls me to stand up, I go to reach for my suitcase handle but before I can, he wraps his arms around me and buries me in a hug. It startles me, causing me to freeze up for a second before I reciprocate it back.

He pulls me closer and I breathe in his scent, his hug is warm and comforting, and it's the one thing I needed most right now. I can't help but release the rumbles building up in the back of my throat, starting to purr quietly as my tail lashes wildy under my hoodie, thank gosh no one else is in the lobby right now.

After a few minutes, Dream is the one to break away and grab my suitcase, reaching for my hand with his open one. I hold the door open for him as he wheels it out and we head home down the sidewalk.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

As we walk in, I notice Sapnap sitting on the edge of the couch, head propped up on his hand as he rests his elbow on the arm of the couch. He looks up as he hears us.

"There you are!" He says, with a worried tone in his voice, "I was starting to worry cause you were gone so long," he huffs out.

"It's only been like, two hours since I left." Dream raises his eyebrows.

"Two hours and fifteen minutes, actually." Sapnap retorts, Dream rolling his eyes in response. I stand slightly more behind him, looking down and fiddling with my sleeves again. He turns to look down at me as Sap turns his own attention back to his phone.

"Wanna come to my room?" he asks softly and quietly enough so only I hear. I nod my head in return, following him up as he lifts the suitcase up the stairs.

As I enter the room, he closes the door behind me and goes to take a seat on his bed, patting the spot next to him for me to follow. I plop down and pull my knees up, resting the heels of my feet on his bed frame. I look up at him as I meet his gaze, an unknown emotion hidden in his eyes.

"Are you uncomfortable keeping your hoodie on like that?" he asks, seeming to want to understand more.

"Well, it's not exactly comfortable.." I nervously chuckle.

"You can be yourself more freely around me now y'know," he adds, "nothing I haven't exactly seen before." he looks away rubbing the back of his neck. I sit there for a moment, contemplating on whether I really should or not.

"I wont judge, I promise." He says softly, looking back into my eyes, "I just want you to feel comfortable around me." I look back at him and really meet his eyes. It's just Dream, we've known each other for so long and yet when my secret came out, he wasn't mad.

I hold my breath as I reach up and slowly pull my hood back, ears popping out and up as I drop my hands, letting my tail untuck itself from my hood. It feels nice not having to hold them down now, but I still can't get myself to look at Dream again.

After a few minutes of my tail slashing around a bit and ears flicking to the sudden sensitiveness, I feel a hand on my chin. My head is rotated as my face is directed towards his, forcing me to make eye contact. His eyes only show kindness as his gaze is directed and switching between my features.

"Y'know, you look cuter with ears and a tail." My face flushes red, pulling away from his hold to bury my face in my hands.

"Don't say things like that," I mumble, barely able to form coherent sentences.

"Why? Cause it's true?" he smiles smugly at my reaction. I huff and quickly move to whap him, catching him completely off-guard. He falls backwards onto the bed and smacks the top of his head on the headboard.

"Fuck," he breathes in through his teeth and squints his eyes shut. I immediately sit to help him, not realizing the way my legs straddle his waist while I sit propped up on my knees.

"Shit! Are you okay?" I ask concerningly.

"Nothing I haven't done before." He answers while finally opening his eyes, a blush taking over his face. I tilt my head at him for a moment before looking down and realizing the position. I try to scramble off of him, but lose my balance as my knee slips, causing me to fall directly on top of him. My breath hitches as the side of my head hits his chest.

"If you want to cuddle, you could've just asked Gogy." Dream chuckles. I'm surprised my face hasn't melted off at this point with how much I've been getting flustered.

I try to pull myself up silently, choosing not to attempt to speak, but arms wrap around me and I get pulled right back down again. A hand starts to brush through my hair but as I open my mouth, about to say something, it stops to scratch behind one of my ears and all that comes out is a purr I swear is louder than a lawn mower.

I nuzzle my head into his chest as I get lost in the heavenly feeling, losing any control I had on myself. This was the last thing I remember before falling asleep to the best night of rest I had ever had.

(Word Count: 1241)