ฅ Chapter 12 ฅ

POV George

It's around 1pm when I notice Dream and Sapnap swimming in the pool outside my window. This is the perfect opportunity for me to slip downstairs and finally grab some food today. I can't stand confrontation so I still haven't exactly seen either of the guys since that moment. I know it's unhealthy, but what am I meant to do?

I change into different clothes for the day and exit out into the hallway, climbing down the stairs and making a beeline to the kitchen. The back door is a full glass window so I'm careful to avoid being completely in view, using the one wall in the kitchen that would completely hide me.

I open the fridge and pull out all of the ingredients to make a sandwich, placing them on the counter next to me. I grab the bread and start to put everything together, topping the sandwich off with the bread and cutting it in half into triangles. After putting all of the food away, I walk over and grab my plate, picking it up.

As soon as I exit the kitchen, I run into the last person I want to see, Dream.

"Shit sorry," he says as he tries to steady me. I unfortunately ran directly into his chest, holding my plate out to keep the sandwich more safe than myself.

I feel my face heat up a bit. He's only in his swim trunks, the rest of his body is slightly dripping from water.

"It's good.." I say as I try to weave around him. But as soon as I'm about to dart for the stairs, I feel a hand on my arm.

"George.." he says. I really don't want to turn around and see his face. I stay turned as I reply,

"Yes..?" I say, attempting to cover the worried tone in my voice, although I'm not sure it worked all that well.

"Did I- did I make you uncomfortable the other day?" he says, his voice breaking as he speaks, "I'd understand if that was the reason why you've been avoiding me, I just- I guess, I would understand if you wanted to go home early.

He thinks I was uncomfortable...

Guilt starts to eat up my stomach as I listen to him struggle to talk. I slowly turn around and reach over to set my plate on the counter nearby.

I stand back in front of him and keep my gaze to the floor. I don't think I could handle eye-contact right now.

"Dream.." I exhale. This is gonna be harder than I thought. "You...didn't make me uncomfortable." I fidget with the hem of my hoodie, thankful that I remembered to hide my tail in it, along with the beanie on my head.

"I just- I wasn't sure on what exactly happened." I sputter, "It seemed like...one thing..but it could've been another and maybe I'm just reading the situation wrong but I-" I swallow, "I'm not uncomfortable, at all."

I move and start fidgeting with my hands, my gaze still directed down. Dream stayed silent as I finished speaking, but he's still in front of me, unmoving.

"Dream..?" I squeak out quietly.

"So you're not uncomfortable?" he says softly. I shake my head in return, hoping he saw my response.

"Look at me." he says with a slight wavering in his voice. I swallow heavily as I refuse to make his gaze. I then feel a firm, but gentle, hand on my chin, tilting my head to face up.

"I said look at me," and I finally meet his eyes.

He's gazing at me fondly, completely contradicting to the tone he wore earlier. Pieces of his hair are sticking to his forehead, causing a few drops of water to race down his nose. He reaches forward with his other hand and wraps it around my waist.

His hand remains gently on my chin and I can feel his thumb moving softly. My legs feel like jelly and I could fall any moment if he wasn't holding me up.

"Push me away if you want me to stop," he lightly says. Even if I wanted to, which I wouldn't, I don't think I would have the strength to.

It feels as though butterflies erupt in my stomach when he slowly leans forwards and connects our lips. It just seems so right as he pulls me close and his arm wraps further around my back, completely supporting my weight.

After a few minutes, he pulls away breathless and I'm left shocked. He looks into my eyes for any signs of discomfort or hate, but can clearly find none. I smile as I finally process what just happened.

He smiles back in relief as he rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes.

"When I gave you the option to push away, I was so scared that you actually would." He comments while his eyes remain shut.

"I would never." I say, almost as light as a whisper.

"Good. I'm glad" he chuckles breathlessly. I close my eyes and sigh out in relief, I wish I could stay like this forever.

"Do you hear purring?" He says after a few moments of silence.

"Hmm?" I say, almost zoned out.

"I swear I hear purring." He pulls away from me out of confusion.

Wait. Did he just say purring? My breath hitches and I just know the purring has stopped, the comfort of the situation being long over with.

He looks around, assumingly for Patches, who I already know is upstairs in my room bathing in the sunlight by the window.

"I should probably go eat," I say, trying to excuse myself. He turns back to me and smiles kindly.

"Yeah, you should." I reach over and grab my plate, "Movie night tonight?" he says as heads over to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"Sure," I respond nonchalantly.

"Great!" he exclaims as he quickly grabs my chin again and pecks me on the lips swiftly before turning and heading towards the back door.

"That'll never get old!" he chuckles as he slips out.

Holy shit.

(Word Count: 1027)