𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐭 (𝟏)

"Open fire!" Jefferson commanded, raising his gun at the Ood and firing, the guard behind him doing the same

Cass pulled Rose into her arms, shielding the blonde's view, trying to quell her shudders as the sound of gunfire filled the air.

But for some reason, it didn't frighten her nearly as much, as though she'd been surrounded by it before.

A long time ago.

In the control room, Zach sighed in relief, watching as the shaking stopped, "We're stabilizing. We've got orbit."

Rose ran past the Oods' bodies, making a concentrated effort not to look at them as she picked up the comm she'd dropped, frantically calling into it, "Doctor? Doctor, can you hear me? Doctor? Ida? Are you there?"

"Open Door 25." The computer announced, Jefferson and the guard turning their guns at what their believed to be an incoming threat, only for Cass to yell, "Hold your fire! It's Danny!"

A second later, the man himself burst through the door, yelping and raising his hands when he noticed the weapons, "It's me! But they're coming!"

When the guns lowered, he turned back to the door, hurrying to shove it shut.

"Close Door 25."

"It's the Ood! They've gone mad!" He informed them, panting.

"How many of them?" Jefferson asked.

"All of them! All fifty!"

The older man nodded, "Danny, out of the way." WhenDanny didn't move away from the door, he shoved him aside, beginning to open it, "Out of the way!"

"But, they're armed!" The young man yelled, "It's the interface device. I don't know how, but they're using it as a weapon."

"Open Door 25."

"No!" Cass yelled, remembering exactly what would occur. She managed to pull Jefferson back a second before an Ood stuck its orb to the female guard's head, electrocuting her to death.

"We don't have time for valiant heroics!" The redhead hissed angrily, quick;y pushing the door closed once more.

"Close Door 25."

"Jefferson, what's happening, there?" Zach's voice, flustered, asked through the comm.

"I've got very little ammunition, sir." He called back, "How about you?"

"All I've got is a bolt gun," Zach scoffed derisively, "With uh...all of one bolt. I could take out a grand total of one Ood. Fat lot of good that is."

"Given the emergency, I recommend Strategy Nine."

"Strategy Nine agreed. Right, we need to get everyone together. Rose? What about Ida and the Doctor? Any word?"