𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝟏)

Cass sat at a side desk, cheek leaning against her fist in boredom as she watched the Doctor saunter into the classroom, announcing excitedly, "Good morning, class

Cass sat at a side desk, cheek leaning against her fist in boredom as she watched the Doctor saunter into the classroom, announcing excitedly, "Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?"

When his gaze met her own, his grin widened, especially when she shot him a slight glare, huffing at the situation he'd put her in.

Seeing as there seemed to be some kind of mystery in this particular school, which Mickey had told her about during one of their daily phone calls, the Time Lord had decided to infiltrate, each one taking on a particular role.

She'd immediately volunteered as a lunch lady with Rose, hoping to keep the blonde company, but the Doc had disagreed, insisting he needed her as his teaching assistant in the classroom, which was rather demeaning to her, really.

After all, Cassandra was a full-fledged NASA scientist with multiple degrees and doctorates under her belt, including a couple in Physics. If anything, she should have been the teacher, not the other way around.

She could feel his amusement slide across her skin, eliciting slight goosebumps in its wake, but she shook it off, making another mental note it to mention to him later, since theses feelings had been growing steadily since their Victorian adventure.

"So. Physics." He proclaimed, marking the word on the board, and underlining it several times, "Physics. Eh? Physics. Phyyyyyyyysics. Physics! Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics."

Turning around, he pointed at her mischievously, winking, "I hope you're getting all of this down, Miss. Oracle. Wouldn't want to repeat myself."

"No worries, Mr. Smith. Not like you've said anything profound just yet." She drawled back, twirling her pen in her fingers expertly, eyes steadily looking into his own.

Looking back at the students, he continued, "Um, okay, let's see what you know. Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?"

A boy, Milo according to her list, raised his hand.

"Yes, uh, what's your name?"

"Milo."

"Milo! Off you go."

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge."

The Doc's smile widened, "Correctamundo!" When he noticed his tether's shaking head, an elegant brow raised this unique vocabulary choice, he continued, winking slyly at her, "A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two, I coil up a thin piece of micro wire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this: how do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?"

Once more, Milo's hand shot up, though the Doc glanced around the classroom curiously, "Someone else? Nope...?" When no other hands raised, he conceded, Okay, Milo, go for it."