Chapter 11: Still Have Feelings

You were finishing up work late at night when your cellphone suddenly rang. You looked at the caller ID, and you smiled. It was Heesung.

"Hello?" you answered. "O-oh, hey Y/N. How are you?" said Heesung. "I'm doing great, and how are you?"

"I'm great too. Sorry I called you so late at night. If you were asleep-"

"Don't worry, Heesung, I wasn't asleep. I was working,"

"That's great, wait, I mean work isn't great all the time. It depends on what it is, however-"

You laughed, stopping him from his flustered speech. "It's okay, Heesung; you don't have to be so nervous around me."

Heesung laughed nervously from the other end. "Thanks, Y/N. I wanted to tell you something; that's why I called you."

"Oh, and what would that be?" you asked, anxiously waiting for what Heesung had to say. "For our dinner tomorrow, how about we eat at my house? Riki and I are going to make spaghetti and meatballs. I mean, unless you want something else to eat. And if you don't want to have dinner at my house-"

"Heesung, I would love to eat dinner at your house; also, spaghetti and meatballs sound like a wonderful idea. I'm excited for tomorrow."

You hear Heesung breathe a sigh of relief. "That's good; I was so scared that you were going to say no. I'm so flustered and nervous; I'm so sorry!"

"It's all good," you said. "And I think it's cute and funny that you're flustered and nervous." Once you said that, Heesung started to scramble in his words, and you were laughing the whole time.

"T-thank you, Y/N," he said. "And before you go, I have one more thing to tell you." "What would that be?"

"You were my first,"

Now it was your turn to be flustered and nervous.

"What in the world did he mean that I was his first?" you cried out to Mimi on the next day. You barely got any sleep last night because of what Heesung said. "Has this thing been bothering you all night?" Mimi asked. "Yes!"

"Hmm, I may know something," Mimi cocked her head to the side, making a wondering expression. You leaned towards her. "Tell me what you know!"

"Nope," Mimi said, shaking her head. "It's not my business to tell,"

You made a face, and she laughed. "I didn't know why it's bothering you so much, Y/N. I'm pretty sure Heesung will explain,"

"But why won't you tell me?"

Your friend suddenly stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow, smirking. "I got a serious question for you."

"Do you still have feelings for Heesung, Y/N?"

You opened your mouth, but no words came out. Your face grew hot as well. Then you thought about it and realized.

All those Saturday nights you spent with Heesung made you realize that you still had feelings for Heesung.

You nodded your head. "Yes, I admit it: I still have feelings for Heesung," Mimi squealed.

"But I don't think he feels the same way,"

Mimi glared at you. "Sim Y/N, who was the one who first suggested going out to dinner Saturday night?"

"Heesung,"

"And who suggested to keep that tradition going?"

"I-I did,"

"And would he have said no if he didn't like you back?"

"I guess so,"

Mimi playfully pushed you on your shoulder. "Then that means Heesung likes you back, Y/N. You have nothing to worry about,"

You wanted to believe Mimi's words, but an obstacle held you back. Secretly, you were afraid of having feelings for Heesung again, for you didn't want to repeat history.

However, it would be nice for you two to go out again.

"Y/N, you better tell me how that date goes Sunday morning, especially all of the juicy details," said Mimi. "Juicy details?" you smiled, playing along. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, if you and Heesung kiss again. Or if you two do-"

"Mimi!" you shrieked, quieting her before she could finish her sentence. Mimi laughed, and you joined in as well.

In another room, Minji had her ear against the wall, listening to you and Mimi's conversation.

It made her blood boil.

The thought of you eating dinner at a serial rapist's house just made Minji want to punch a hole in the wall. She just wanted to protect you. "Minji, what in the world are you doing?"

Minji flinched and turned around to see Jibeom, Mimi's oldest and most reserved child, standing behind her. "Oh, I'm just trying to...see if I hear animals in the wall!" Minji replied, chuckling nervously. Jibeom shook his head. "You're a bad liar, Sim Minji,"

Minji's hands started to sweat, and she rolled her eyes. "Thanks for the compliment, Jibeom,"

The boy sighed and bent down to Mimi's level. "Even though I'm two years older than you, I have known you my whole life. I can tell when something is bothering you. Perhaps..." Jibeom stared straight into Mimi's eyes, making Mimi's cheeks burn.

"You don't want your mom to date anyone else, don't you?"

"N-no, it's not that!" Minji pouted, "I don't like the guy she's dating," Jibeom sat on the carpet, crossing his legs and leaning into his elbows. "Have you met the guy yet?"

"No,"

"Then stay out of her business. Let your mom be happy." Jibeom then stood up. "I feel like Mingi has told you this already."

Minji nodded. "He has,"

Deep down, Minji knew that she would have to accept your relationship one way or another. Of course, she wanted you to be happy, but she wanted to protect you as well. Minji wanted to tell you this, but she was afraid of your reaction may be.

"That makes two people who told you to mind your business," Jibeom said, grinning. "I bet Aunt Y/N will be the third one," Minji shooed him away, placing her ear back on the wall.

"Now let me continue to listen,"

—————
Y'all remember Heesung and Mimi working together in the last book, right?
Lol I was listening to Blessed-Cursed while writing this.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!