Chapter 12: I Like You

You parked in front of Heesung's house and turned the engine off. You took a deep breath and gripped your steering wheel. "I don't know why you're so nervous, Y/N; you've been to his house before," you told yourself. Finally, you grabbed your purse and got out of the car.

You walked up to the door and took one more deep breath. Then you rang the doorbell. You were nervously fidgeting with your fingers while you waited for someone to open the door, and your hands started to sweat as well.

From behind the door, you heard tiny footsteps and the sound of the door unlocking. Holding the door open was Riki. He was wearing an enormous grin on his face. "Miss Y/N!"

"Riki!" you exclaimed. You extended your arms, and the boy jumped in for a hug. It was always a pleasure to see him.

"Daddy and I made a special dinner for you, Miss Y/N," Riki said. "It's spaghetti and meatballs! Do you like spaghetti and meatballs?"

I nodded. "Of course I do. It's one of my favorite meals!" "That's amazing!" Riki grabbed your hand and started to pull you inside the house. He closed the door as well.

The savory aroma of spices filled the house; it made you feel relaxed. Riki took you into the dining room and pulled out a chair for you. "Aw, thank you," you said as you sat down.

"Daddy is almost ready with the food. I'm going to help him bring it out, Miss Y/N," said Riki. "Okay then. I'll be waiting," you smiled. Riki nodded and ran into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, while you were on your phone, someone placed a bowl of steaming spaghetti and meatballs and a glass of lemonade in front of you. You looked up and saw Heesung. "Hope I didn't startle you,"

You shook your head. "N-no, of course, not!" Heesung grinned, and you felt your cheeks grow hot. The one facial feature of him they always threw you off was his smile. "That's good,"

Heesung walked back out, and you started to fan yourself, hoping to cool down. Soon, both boys walked in. Heesung was carrying two bowls of spaghetti while Riki was holding the two lemonades. They placed it on their spots at the table and sat down. The forks were in the bowls while the napkins were sitting on a pile in the middle of the table.

Heesung sat in front of you, and Riki sat next to him. "Shall we eat?" Heesung asked. "Yes," you replied.

The dinner was delicious. You enjoyed eating and talking to the boys. You noticed that Riki was a bit of a messy eater, and that reminded you of Mingi when you found caramel popcorn all over his bed. It made you laugh.

After you three finished eating, everyone helped clean off the table. Riki had to get ready for bed, so it was just you and Heesung.

Heesung was scrubbing the dishes when you came next to him and started to rinse them off. He looked at you. "What are you doing?"

"I'm helping you wash dishes," you replied. "Oh, you don't have to. You can relax,"

"But I want to help you,"

"You sure you don't want to relax in my room?"

That line made you stop what you were doing. You tuned to Heesung, and he was smirking. "As tempting as it sounds, I'm not going. So I'll be by your side for the next couple of minutes,"

"But doesn't a nice and comfortable bed sound relaxing?"

"Lee Heesung, I'm not going anywhere," you smiled. "Stop trying to convince me,"

Heesung laughed and shrugged. "Worth a shot,"

Around 30 minutes later, you, Heesung, and Riki were all sitting on Heesung's bed watching a movie. Riki was lying on Heesung's lap while you were lying on his shoulder. You remembered he became tense when you did that. But after you touched his hand, Heesung relaxed.

Once the movie was over, you looked over and saw Riki fast asleep. Then you looked over at the clock on the nightstand and saw that it was almost ten o'clock. You sighed and said, "I'm going to have to leave soon, but is it weird that I don't want to?"

Heesung shook his head. "No, not at all," he looked down at Riki, caressing his hair. "I don't want you to leave either,"

There was an awkward silence afterward. Neither of you didn't know what to say. Eventually, a question popped into your head. "Heesung, a few days ago, you told me that I was your first. What did you mean by that? I've been trying to figure that out for the longest!"

Heesung chuckled. "Has it been bothering you that much?" "Yes!" you exclaimed. "You know I can be lost sometimes,"

"Well, if you truly want to know..." Heesung paused, and you waited, looking into his eyes.

"You were my first girlfriend,"

"Wait, what?"

"Sim Y/N, you were my first girlfriend, and I was your first boyfriend," he smirked. "You weren't thinking something else, were you?"

You quickly shook your head. "N-no, of course not. I know who you are, Lee Heesung," You both laughed. Now you certainly didn't want to leave.

"You want to help me put Riki to bed?" Heesung asked. "Sure," you replied. You two walked to Riki's room. Heesung was carrying Riki in his arms. You pulled back the covers in his bed, and Heesung laid him down. You pulled the covers over Riki's shoulders and whispered goodnight. Then you and Heesung walked kitchen so you could get ready to leave.

"Thank you, Heesung; I had a great time with you and Riki today. I hope we do it again," you said. "Me too," said Heesung. "Oh, and Y/N?" "Yes?"

"These last couple of months we spent together made me realize something. I know your husband just died too, and I don't want to rush things. But- oh gosh, how do I say this?"

"It's okay, Heesung; take your-"

"I like you."

You were baffled in your words. Heesung saw your face and winced. "I'm so sorry that I said that out of nowhere. I-"

Before he could finish, you gently grabbed his face and leaned in, closing your eyes. You placed your lips on Heesung's, and he kissed you back. Memories from your first kiss in college appeared in your head, and you melted into his arms.

Heesung smiled in the kiss and pulled back. You were still holding each other. "So, is that a yes?" he asked. You nodded. "You know my answer,"

Heesung leaned in and gave you tiny kisses on your neck. "Stop, I need to go home," you said, giggling. "Can't you stay for the night? I can make a delicious breakfast tomorrow,"

"As tempting as it sounds, I can't," you grabbed your purse and gave Heesung one more kiss on the cheek. "I'll text you when I get home, okay?"

"Okay," he wrapped you in a hug. "Goodnight, Y/N,"

"Goodnight, Heesung,"

—————
Yes, yes, yes!! They're finally together!
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!