. . . . chapter twenty-eight.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
euphoria - jungkook

. . . . . .

after fifteen minutes, youngho's five close friends knocked on chia's door, them holding barely consumed cake, a brand new bottle of wine, and balloons. each of them plastered wide smiles, the black-pink haired woman mirroring the joy.

"come in! happy completionsary to you?" she greeted, uncertainty in her tone. they simultaneously repeated right after.

the guy with cool earrings beside his recognizable boyfriend approached her first as the door closed. "i'm ten! and . . . you know him."

she perked up seeing kun after years. he taller, definitely. last time they saw each other, they were about same height.

"been so long," he said, letting their hug go. "what happened to the whole piercing look?"

"mom was right. it's only a phase."

further into the introduction stage, she stared a little longer at the extra gorgeous actress yoon haneul (with little looks to jaehyun by her side), starstruck.

"you're so— you two are way more gorgeous in person." she barely kept her composure.

haneul grinned as a reply, pushing her silver bangs out of her eyes' way for the umpteenth time in a span of five minutes. "no, you!"

heart attack.

she did not recognize the last guy. he looked a little younger compared to his five other friends (not a minor kind of young looking though. just a freshly twenty kind of young looking), big-framed glasses adding to his youthful look.

chia took a courageous guess. "you're . . . mark?"

"lee. mark lee." he offered to hands. rather formal, but she didn't mind. "i sanitized my hands before coming in, don't worry."

she was having fun. way too much fun.

(suspicious, honestly. did chia and youngho just switch personalities? how'd all his energy drain while hers poured? freaky friday? freaky handshake?)

"hey, john." jaehyun sat beside his best friend, who looked pensive. "you don't look okay."

"oh no, because i'd be absolutely  fine with you guys crashing me and her rest night even if i told you, days before, i'd go to stuff like this with you when i finally go to school again on the 13th, which is literally a few days away, but no. no. you just— you guys had to say yes to chia, which is not really her fault but yours," he replied, ever so bothered. "and it's youngho for tonight. please? tell ten and mark."

"youngho? you hated that name. you're not usually this mean too. jeez, dude, you've been changing."

"just do it."

( ❑❑❑ )

1 o'clock. moon was bright.

"so, chia." an already drunk ten stood up from his seat, a foolishly proud smile on his lips. "jo— y-youngho here. do you plan on, you know, answering?"

the loudness dropped as all their focuses were sharply pointed at her already.

"answering what?"

"answering him."

still, chia was puzzled.

ten realized both the silence and her expression meant something. "he hasn't asked you out yet? what a shame. he talks about you all the damn time it's tiring he's never been so invested in a— in a— what to call— in a crush!"

"oh my god." the mentioned man rubbed his forehead in distress, not anymore knowing what to do with ten. it was ten lee after all. who could stop him?

she chuckled nervously. "i didn't know he felt that way."

"how? it's so obvious! it's as obvious as that time when kun, in one of those parties we both worked . . . . "

as everyone's attentions were diverted by ten's comedic retelling of his love story, from opposite corners of the living room, youngho and chia locked eyes, it eventually breaking as they broke into suppressed smiles.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )