. . . . chapter twelve.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
obvious - ariana grande

. . . . . .

"i missed it," she whined, coming to the conclusion that she was really too late for the bus, hands on her hips and head down in perplexion.

the next bus which would pass by her location was coming at 11:15, which means she'd miss an exceedingly large chunk of her ballet class if she waited for it. of course, she had taking a cab as her final resort, since she was really itching to attend ballet class that night. it was a big minus to her evening bliss though, considering how she hated having to use cash she brings for things that were either not food or others not naturally necessary.

youngho, still being a few steps behind her, noticed her distress. in hopes of resolving it, he offered, "i'll call you an uber."

"it's fine, i can get in a taxi. a lot pass by here."

"taxis are expensive nowadays. the drivers are meaner too," he persisted, whipping his phone out to open the app.

"book one for yourself. weren't you supposed to take the bus too?"

"i have my own car." an afterthought found its way to his head while speaking, but he dismissed it right after due to the negatives. "it would be creepy if i offered to drive you myself, wouldn't it?"

"kinda would."

both of them laughed (questionably too, because what was so funny?). afterwards, he went back to the topic of rides. "now come on. location?"

chia eventually gave in. ubers were always more comfortable than taxis in every aspect anyway. she just wasn't bothered to use the app herself anymore after her first try with her best friend because she struggled with its interface ('generational hagness' indeed).

( ❑❑❑ )

. . . . . .

Today 10:27 PM

Today 10:27 PM

Jaehyun, if they call her a bitch through text, does that mean she's texting her abusive boyfriend, or her very close best friend? >

< tf
< best friend
< and are you coming here soon or what
< i threw this party for you and youre the only one late smh learn to appreciate the things i do for you sometimes at least

Lol why you so dramatic
all of a sudden 😆 >
I'm on my way. >
It's just traffic. >
seen

 >seen

. . . . . .

( ❑❑❑ )

judging from the shiny luxurious car and the middle-aged driver was in awfully formal attire, it seemed that youngho booked an uberBlack.

instead of being glad that she'd be driven with that amount of comfort though, she focused on mentally cursing him out for getting her a ride which would probably cost her whole month's salary. it was more expensive than other uber vehicular options afterall. if he booked for her to pay, why not just settle for the option that was substandard yet cheap option? if she knew this beforehand she would've just went inside a taxi on her own.

above all, chia was almost losing her of why the fuck would he book such a vehicle to an area with a distance she could even walk to for about twenty minutes if (1) she wasn't in a rush and (2) she had enough energy to walk for that long that night.

anxious, she kept counting the thin stash of money on her backpack's pocket, some part of her saying she should just jump off the car so the pay would be the last thing uber would be concerned of, and some part of her saying she should just handle everything maturely. so, surprisingly, she did with the question : "hi, how much do you think the fare will cost?"

"you don't have to worry about that anymore, madam."

"what do you mean?"

"you paid me with credit card already."

"whose credit card?"

"did you not talk about this earlier?" he judgingly asked, an eyebrow raised. "mr. seo booked and paid."

"oh? damn, i didn't know. have this tip instead then, thank you."

despite being weirded out by the fact that she gave him a tip halfway through the trip instead of after, the driver gratefully accepted it. he took a quick glance at his passenger from his rearview mirror, her finding things to direct her gaze at and lightly hitting herself to avoid her lips automatically curling up for such a small reason, but failing.

it reminded him a little like his friends from his past. of ever so infatuated high schoolers looking like idiots dumbed by love over the bare minimum the people they admire execute.

"is he your husband?"

while the uber driver's eyes were kept on the road, he had an entire arranged marriage plot between the young pair circulating in his head. the fantasy was detailed to perfection. two rich people who had families that set them up for the riches to grow. perhaps their journey also included unrequited love where she was the one quietly developing feelings for him and he was only in it to not disappoint his terrifying mother.

she was taken aback by the inquiry. "n-no wh— do i look like a married woman to you, sir? jesus, i barely even know that guy. my god."

"just asking, madam."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )