Chapter 10: "So it's her"

Ken's POV

"Eh nasaan siya?"

I am really seeing how puzzled she was. C'mon I need you to remember everything.

"Wala na siya. Nawala siya last year after an accident" I replied while directly looking at her eyes, hoping I could something from them but I was wrong. Her stare was blank, no pain.

"Oh I'm sorry.....but wait" she wrinkled her forehead as if she remembered anything. "Bakit ba Dani ang tinawag sa akin ni King the first time he saw me at the hospital?"

I raised one of my dashing brows as a sign of being surprised though not really. "Nagkita kayo ni King before? Sa hospital? Kailan?"

"Ahmm not sure though"

I then continued my meal at this VIP room while I think she's still puzzled. I did not answer her question because I wanted her to remember on her own. Gladly, she did not ask for more details.

"Ma'am. Sir. Since matagal na po namin kayong hindi nakikita dito sa resto, may treat po sana kami sa inyo. We would want you to taste the newest member of our recipe"  said the crew when she approached us. Of course, I knew that there was a new addition at the menu. Hello, this is my resto. 

"Talaga? Pwede matikman?"  and I saw the glow in Dani's eyes. No, Rita, I guess.

"Of course Ma'am. Let me accompany you po sa aming kitchen"

She guided us all the way to the kitchen that I personally crafted out of our imagined life, before.

"Ma'am let me introduce to you, our seafood pasta bolognese"

Rita then immediately went to the kitchen counter and smelled the food. It's really like Dani. I'm really convinced it's her.

She then grabbed a fork and start tasting the food but the moment she opened her mouth, she suddenly paused for a while.

"Wait, seafood ito you said?" she asked the crew and which she responded with a nod.

"Teka so may hipon? Sorry miss ha, allergic kasi ako sa hipon. I can't eat that"

Bingo! Dani is also allergic to shrimp. I can still remember the night of our first date when I brought her to a seafood restaurant. That was also the night that I really blamed myself.

We ordered seafood pasta together but as she took some of it, she found herself breathing difficultly. I immediately grabbed her by the waist, pulled her up to carry her, and brought her to the emergency of our hospital. My colleagues immediately gave her epinephrine and fluids. Gladly, her hypersensitivity reaction did not progress too long.

"Allergic ka sa hipon?" I asked her while we were walking back to our table.

"Oo eh. Actually simula bata pa, allergic na ako sa hipon kaya si Daddy, kahit na isa siyang bigtime seafood supplier sa area namin ay never mo siyang makikitang mag-uuwi ng hipon sa bahay"

See? It's really her. But wait, so she can remember everything in her childhood but not me?

That's impossible.

"Eh ikaw?" she then asked me while drinking her cup of water. "Wala kang allergy sa kahit anong pagkain?"

"Ah wala" but the same thoughts lingered in my mind. Hey are you really out of your memory or you are a completely different person?