Chapter 6: "I'm here!"

Rita's POV

"Finally. Touch down Davao"

I took a selfie before reaching for my luggage overhead. I also took a photo of the greeneries that I saw outside of the window next to my seat.

When almost of the people had gone out of the plane already, I then decided to reach for my luggage. However, I think my luggage was a bit heavy that I cannot pull it off of the cabin. I looked around to see if there was still some personnel near me but I saw them at the end of the plane, doing some cleaning and disinfecting stuff already. I felt shy to be of their concern.

I keep on struggling to reach for my suitcase. I was getting off of my balance when someone held me from behind to support me.

He also reached for my luggage. I thought I was the only person left here inside the plane but I was wrong.

"Thank you." I softly uttered as I turned my back to face him.

"Ikaw?" I was a bit surprised that I saw him again. "King, right?"

"Oh talas ng memory ha. Parang isang beses ko lang yata nasabi yung pangalan ko"

"Of course, I'm just too good in remembering things, you know."

He helped me to reach for my luggage. Yes, he admitted that it was also heavy and difficult for him but he managed to get it out of the cabin.

We were walking out of this fancy tunnel going down to the terminal. We were already here at the conveyor to wait for our checked-in baggage.

We managed to have a bit of conversation. It's my first time here in Davao, gladly I saw him so it would not be a feeling of alone and foreign.

"Anong ginagawa mo pala dito, Ms. Rita, right?"

"Yes, Rita. Buti naman di mo na ako tinatawag na Dani 'coz it's not me."

"Yeah you're right. Sorry. Kasalanan ko. But oo nga, why are you here sa Davao?'

"May trabaho lang. First time ko nga mag-out-of-town eh"

Here came our luggage. There was just one piece of luggage between our luggages so it was easy for us to locate and get them.

We were now walking out of the airport when I nearly forgot that I needed to find my hotel. Maybe King would be of great help.

"Uhm King. Lagi ka ba dito sa Davao?"

"Yes. Andito kasi yung isang branch ng company ng bestfriend ko kaya lagi rin kaming andito."

"Really? So baka alam mo itong hotel? Sorry I'm not fond of using GPS or maps din kasi"

I showed him the booking confirmation that my boss gave me through email. I was relieved when he smiled, I guess he's familiar with it.

"Ah Dusit Thani Residence. Alam na alam ko ito siyempre. Malapit lang siya dito sa airport"

"Really? Paano pumunta? Taxi or may jeep ba dito?"

He chuckled a bit. Why? Was there something wrong with my question?

"Natawa naman ako. Papacommutin ba kita tapos ako may susundong sasakyan. Sumabay ka na"