Chapter 2: "I'm back!"

Ken's POV

It was a bright Tuesday morning, but not the usual mornings that I used to wake up with, 'coz for some reason, I woke up today at 10am. I usually get up at around 1 or 2pm but today is quite a different one. Maybe because I'm going home? Nah, it will never be as exciting as before.

I got out of my room in this one-bedroom luxury condo unit that I own in this property in New York. Whenever I'm having a vacation here, here is where I stay. This is OUR unit. 

I opened the curtains wide, all the sunrays entered the unit. I boiled some water for my coffee. I prefer strong coffee than sweet and creamy. OUR espresso machine is up.

I opened the stove and cooked some scrambled eggs. I also thawed the frozen schnitzel and cooked it in OUR airfryer.

I prepared the table, with one set of utensils and a ceramic white plate. I positioned myself in a chair facing the window going through the balcony. I savor the feeling of the cold breeze that seeps in through the gaps of the window. It's perfect for my hot coffee.

I finished my breakfast fast. Today is the day so I should prepare early too. 10pm is my flight going to the place that I almost forgot now.

I asked the housekeeper to fix all the dishes and the cookware that I used. I don't have enough time to prepare my luggage and stuff.

I checked my wallet and pouch. Ticket, check! Passport, check! Red box, hmmm, check!

"Makalimutan ko man ang lahat, wag lang 'tong kahon na 'to" I caressed the box that I'm holding, and then I secured it at the pocket of my bag.

I arrived at the airport quarter past 4pm. I think I'm quite too early for my boarding time. Luckily, I had already checked-in online thus I decided to just visit the lounge room of this airport.

I took a nap. I still have around 3 hours lax time before the intended departure time.

"Dani, I miss you. Sana nandito ka, sabay na naman tayo siguro sa eroplano"

I'm smiling at her but she's not smiling back at me. I walk near her but she raised her hand for me to stop. She uttered, "Find her, please"

I woke up from the couch, with several tears coming out from the corners of my eyes.

I sighed.

Calling all passengers for Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 23 bound to Singapore, boarding gates are now open. Thank you.