The Last Preparations

~Camilo's POV~

I had just left YN's home. My face was still way too hot. I had my hands (in a matter of fact, were cold) in my cheeks to try to calm my temperature down. I noticed some villagers looking at me weird. Probably from climbing down a window from a house, converting my face with my hands and ,most likely, blushing way too much. But it's just a little tiny guess. It was probably something else.

I got to the Casita and quietly opened the doors, making as less noise as possible. However, luck was not on my side, since I opened the door right in front of my cousin, Isabela. Damn it.

-Ah Isa... you're here.. great...!
-Camilo, did you get the mangos I asked you- hey wait a minute. What's that on your face?

God damn it, I forgot the mangos Isabela asked earlier. But before I could turn around to go get those mangos, Isabela grabbed me by me cheeks and turned my face to the left.

-Isa... what are you doin'?...
-OH MY GOD! MIRABEL, LUISA, DOLORES! COME HERE! QUICK!

I tried to release my face from Isabela but she ended up making a flower grow on my mouth. Before I could manage to get away, my sister and cousins arrived. Great. Isabela squished my face even harder and turned it to the left again.

-OH DIOS MIO! FINALLY CAMILO! WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!!
-FINALLY WHAT?!

My cousin Mirabel had a huge smile on her face as Isabela made space for Dolores's hands on my face. I looked at a picture frame to see my reflection. Unfortunately, I realized what they saw to spark such an interest. In my left cheek, a red lipstick mark was there that belonged to YN. The worst part, they knew. It was from that kiss from earlier. My face turned even more red than before. I quickly wiped it off in embarrassment as I managed to free myself from the girls.

-You. Saw. Nothing. And even if you did, you won't tell a soul! YN's having dinner with us tonight, if any of you mentions any of this, you are all dead to me!
-Fine, fine, don't worry about it primito.

I had an annoyed expression on my face and pointed to the girls while talking. But then, Luisa patted me on the back, telling me not to worry about it. Well, that pat on the back made me almost fall to the ground. And somehow, even with her reassuring that, it made me worry even more.

~Normal POV~

It was now almost 7:20pm. You were getting ready to have dinner with the Madrigal's. You put on a pair of golden earrings that matched your bracelets. You also couldn't forget about Camilo's gift and immediately put it on. The shine from the gem was identical to the one in your eyes. It was such a beautiful gift.
You were sitting in your dressing table fixing your hair and applying some red lipstick. You were finally ready. You took a deep breath and smiled to yourself in the mirror.

-It's okay, you can do it YN! You are a LN! It's just a dinner with magical people that may or may not affect your friendship with Camilo. But no stress!

You got downstairs and kissed your mom and dad goodbye. Your brothers were all gathered in the kitchen setting the plates and looked at you weird.

-Wait a minute, MAMI, WHY ISN'T YN HELPING WITH DINNER?!

Diego shouted as he had plates on his hands.

-I am going out somewhere, you can do that yourself, I'm having dinner somewhere else!
-Is it with your boyfriend???
-How many times do I need to say this?! CAMILO IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!
-Aha! I didn't even say his name! See, you already assumed I was talking about him!
-You're stupid! Goodbye!

You and Diego sibling-argued for a while before leaving home. Juan and Diego, as your older siblings, always made sure to tease you about your friendship with Camilo. And it was very much annoying. So you slammed the door behind you and left as you made your way to the Casita. You felt a huge knot on your stomach and felt Diego's words really get to you. You still had the chance to turn away but your legs continued on their own. It was just a dinner and everything would be fine. Nothing too crazy. Right? You took a deep breath, clearing your mind from Diego and knocked o the front door. You heard light steps coming in your direction as a girl with long black hair opened the door.

-Ah Isabela! It's so nice to meet you! Camilo invited me to dinner so...

It was the first time you met Isabela Madrigal, and she was really pretty! Like, really pretty! But you didn't really know what to say to Isabela. Did she even knew you were coming? Just then, she turned around and yelled inside the house.

-CAMILO, YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S HERE!
-Huh!? Girlfriend? Isabela, you got it all worng! I'm not..
-ISABELA CÁLLATE!

You could feel your face turning hotter by the second as you heard Camilo shout from upstairs. You peaked inside and saw Camilo zoom through the stairs and get to the door.

-Isa can you give us a moment?

Camilo asked with his hand on his neck. Isabela looked at you two with a smile and left both of you alone. Camilo stepped outside and gently closed the door to be alone with you.

-Oh my god, I'm so sorry Camilo! It's not too late to go back right?
-What are you talking about?! You look too gorgeous to go back now! Plus, I should be the one apologizing for Isabela. This is kind of a mad house so..
-Oh Yhea, I know exactly how it is! I also live in a mad house.

An awkward silence kicked in as you had no idea what to say. But Camilo found a way to break the ice.

-I see you're using the pin I gave you. It looks great on you hermosa.

He got back to his confident self again as he grabbed your hand and kissed it as if you were a princess.

-Yes, it's really beautiful! And how was getting home with lápis labial on your face?
-Oh don't even remind me! My cousins and sister freaked out!
-Haha! Do you think they'll freak out again today?

You asked as you calmingly grabbed Camilo's hand. It started as your fingers touching but without you noticing, a simple smile made you both hold hands. When you noticed, you released the grip from you both in embarrassment.

-Ah sorry! It's just that, once you know what happened, you immediately ran away and I got scared ahah. How about this, we won't talk about this ever again?
-Well, maybe I do want to talk about it.

Camilo held your hand again without noticing. And DAMN, THAT WAS SMOOTH. Neither of you said anything but gave each other a smile.

-Ahem, well, we should get going YN. Right?
-Oh yes of course.