We Can Stay Some More Time

(You don't need to listen to the song, I just like to listen to music while writing. The song does not belong to me)

Both of you and Camilo finished your dance and got arepas. Camilo talked about how his tia's Julieta arepas were better than those. You still haven't tasted them, but it now was on your bucket list! You started taking a stroll around and eventually left the plaza and entered the woods. You two talked for a while, and he mentioned his sister Dolores, and how he was just wishing she wasn't listening at that moment. You haven't even met his sister yet, but you already loved her!

  Both of you saw a big tree and Camilo gave you a toothy smile. It was like you could read his eyes like a book. You chuckled.

-No, don't be crazy!
-Too late!

He was already running full speed to the tree as he climbed it like a monkey. You tried to act serious but you couldn't hold in your laughter.

-Camilo get down, you're gonna get hurt!

You told him. He appeared in the middle of the leaves and shape-shifted into you to make an impression of you.

-OoOoOohh Camilo you're gonna get hurt! Come down and don't break your beautiful face~

Your wish was to throw a rock at that tree so he would fall. Just to say 'Told you'. But you weren't that desperate. He shape shifted back to normal.

-Come on princesa, you should also get up here! It's really cool y'know?
-No thank you camaléon, I chose life!

Did you really just come up with a nickname to him? Yes. Yes you did. And was it Camaléon because he shape-shifts like one? Yes. Yes it was. And you very proud of it. Camilo had his head resting on both of his hands. He was smirking at you.

-Como queiras, your loss princesa.

And hid back in the tree. You shook your head and rested yourself against the tree and just waited for a bit. The movement of leaves made you open your eyes to see Camilo hanging from the tree upside down like he was a spider. His curls were filled with little leaves and sticks that got stuck in there. If you didn't know that was Camilo's hair, you would have guessed that it was a bird nest. You grabbed one of the sticks stuck on his curls.

  -Won't your family get mad at you for going out for so long? Did you even told them you were gonna go out?

  As you finished, you tossed the little stick to Camilo's nose. He put his tongue out, mocking you.

  -Of course! I always tell them! When I come back but still! We can stay some more time!

  As he spoke, he fell from the tree face first to the ground. He quickly got up and shook the dirt from his poncho. You managed to see a tiny scratch on his forehead and his grazed right hand. He didn't think much about it but you felt a bit of guilt. Just a bit. After all, it was his fault for going up the tree in the first place!

  -Camilo, go home
  -What? No! The conversation was just getting interesting!

You didn't even answer. You crossed your arms and turned your back on him.

-Oh vá lá! What are you? My mamá?!

Again, no answer from you. Eventually Camilo gave up.

-Ugh fine! Tú ganas! Me doy por vencido!

You finally turned your face to him with a smile but he spoke first in a over dramatic way.

-However, you have to take me home! It's just so dangerous out there!!

  He made a dramatic pose and fell on purpose with his leg up so you would catch him. In which you did. Pure coincidence. For sure.

  -Ok, fine princesa~
  -Hey that's my line!

  Camilo looked shocked at you. You let him fall on the ground on purpose as well.

  -It was, now it's mine.

  He laughed and got up. He offered you his arm so you could take him home. You rolled your eyes but accepted his offer.

~

  After walking all the way to the Casita with Camilo, the doors from Casita greeted you two. You pointed out something over at the village.

  -See that house over there? I live there. Come visit whenever you want! I'm sure my parents won't mind. But, just to heads up, I have four brothers.

  Camilo looked in the same direction and shape shifted to a taller man to have a nicer view of the village from Encanto.

  -Alright, bet! I'll pay you a visit one day! I just don't promise to use the front door.

  You didn't even wanted to know what he meant by that. But you let that pass and hoped it was just him being a little bit of an idiot. Both of you gave your good nights and Camilo entered home. Only when he closed the front doors, you allowed yourself to go back home as well. For some reason, you felt a good feeling about your friendship with that Madrigal. He just wanted to have a good time while he could. You were like him. And that friendship would grow bigger and stronger with time.