The Only Fiesta You Liked

You never really went to fiestas. But this year was different. You were finally 15 and could finally go alone to the only fiesta you liked. It only happened once a year, and everyone present there were just so happy!

~

  You threw on your outfit. A yellow pastel shirt and a black skirt with golden details. You had your half cape on that covered you from neck to the upper arm. It was a light red one. Your hair was naturally curled but you braided your front hair and tied it in the back of your head along with some red lipstick on your lips. You also added some golden bracelets as accessories and your classic black sandals. You quickly kissed your mamá adiós and went out to the party.
It was night time but the village lights from Encanto lit everything up. When you got to the main plaza, everyone was dancing, laughing and singing. It was loud. But a good kind of loud. You loved it.
  You started eating an arepa that was resting on one of the many plates there. It was delicious as expected. But out of nowhere, a random boy asked you to dance with him. You agreed and both of you danced for a bit. However, as time went by, you couldn't stop noticing just how weird that guy was (it's up to you to decide why. For example, he smelled like bread and onions). You made an excuse to leave and went to grab a glass of water. Some other guy also asked you to dance, but you kindly declined. He left a bit sad, but you didn't feel much about it.
When you were still sipping your water, you saw the same guy from earlier. He quickly started running to you, so you ran away from him as well. You looked back to see if he was still following you (in which he was) but when you looked at your front, you had already tripped on a boy. He wore a yellow poncho and had curly hair. He gave you a smirk and whispered to you.

  -Hey there princesa, if you wanted to dance, you could have just asked me!

  He was bold but that guy was getting closer. You never thought you would ask this to anyone, especially a stranger, but you had no other option.

  -Hey, I know this is gonna sound weird, but can you pretend you know me, or you're my friend or something please? There's a guy I danced with that is super weird and now he's following me and I feel kinda scared of him and-

  You didn't even need to finish. The boy holding you nodded and smiled. The lights from the street lights illuminated his face and smile. His eyes sparkled in a mischievous yet calming way.

  -Don't worry princesa, I know I'm irresistible!

  He gave you a cocky smile, but before you had the chance to speak, you felt a hand on your shoulder. It was the guy you were running from earlier.

  -Hey there, aren't we gonna dance anymore? Pal, would you mind letting us continue our dance?

  Your so called "friend" grabbed your hip and pulled you to his side. He looked at that weird dude with a mischievous smile.

  -First of all, good evening. I'm Camilo Madrigal. And this just happens to be mi amor. So, would you do us the favor to please leave? Gracias.

  Camilo? CAMILO MADRIGAL?! MADRIGAL?! DIDN'T YOU NOTICE YOU WERE TALKING TO A MADRIGAL? HOW DUMB ARE YOU DAMN IT?!
The guy looked as nervous as you did and backed off a bit annoyed. You felt a certain relief through out your whole body. Camilo looked at you, and so did you look at him. He gave you a playfully smile.

  -So are we gonna dance or...
  -Oh please, I'd rather dance by myself!- you said joke fully
  -Well, that's not an issue!

  Camilo said. You wondered what he meant and looked back at him to see yourself. He shape-shifted into you for the sake of the joke. He really was trying hard, so you gave him the benefit of the doubt. He had his hand raised to which you took, accepting his kind offer. As you took his hand, he quickly pulled you to the dance floor. This was going to be a long night, but yet, one of the best ones in your life.
  You heard some elderly people talking about the "amazing Madrigal's" but everything was way too loud for you to catch details. You two danced playfully. You balanced your skirt from left to right energetically and Camilo balanced his arms and poncho as well. He was even. More energetic than you, and you were having the best time of your life. In the between of several laughs, Camilo asked you something.

-You know, you never really told me your name señorita. Camilo Madrigal. And you?

He was right. You came right up to him, made him enter a crazy scheme and never told him your name.

-Y/N. Y/N L/N
-Well, Y/N L/N, do you ask many guys out or is it just me?
-Only the pretty ones. So you're an exception.
-Hey! That's mean! But admit it, if you really think that, why come up to me to help you with that other guy? You had the option to just walk away. So you can't resist my charms, can you?

You raised an eyebrow at him. He was getting too real with you for a second there so you had to strike back.

-Don't get too ahead of yourself.