Dinner Disaster

~Camilo's POV~

  The moment I got home, my family was in the middle of their dinner. Damn it, I was planning on getting home after dinner! Let's just hope Dolores didn't hear where I was. Or hope she doesn't tell on me.

  -Hey, I'm home!

I announced as I closed the front door. I was wishing no one would notice but of course my luck isn't that good. My mom, Pepa, got up from her seat almost immediately and rushed up to me.

  -CAMILO MADRIGAL! JUST WHERE WERE YOU?!

  She yelled while grabbing my cheeks looking for some kind of bruise on my face.

  -Ai mami! Calm down!

  My mom had a cloud thundering on top of her. Eventually, she noticed the scar on my forehead from falling down that tree. She also had just the luck to notice my grazed hand, also from falling down. Great! Just my luck!

  -Camilo, how did this happened?!

  I was trying to think of a good enough excuse while my tia Julieta gave me a snack that she made to heal me up. But my dear sister, Dolores, intruded into the conversation.

  -He snuck out to go to a fiesta. He was hanging out with a girl. If I remember right, YN LN. He climbed a tree and fell. Afterwards she brought him home. Am I right? I heard it all.

  Dolores wasn't trying to be mean. She was messing with me because she knew our mom would have a 50/50 percent chance to be either mad, or happy. But she said that with such a casual tone. Like I did that everyday! And I don't! I swear.

  -Wow THANKS Dolores! Gossip girl...

  My mom's cloud transformed into a bright sun and she hugged me tight

  -Uh... mami...?
  -Oh Camilo, mi vida, do you have a girlfriend?

  That question caused a hell of a shock.

  -O quê? No! I met her today!
  -Is that why you pretended to be her boyfriend?
  -STAY. IN. YOUR. BUSINESS. DOLORES. And I only did that so a creepy dude would stop following her around! Plus, it was her idea! Deus mio... can't I just have dinner please? In peace! And tio Bruno, I know what you are thinking, do NOT turn this into a rat telenovela!

Casita shook the tiles on the ground and took me to the dining table without me having to even move a muscle.

-See? Even Casita agrees with me!

Well, I spoke too soon. Casita threw a spoon to the back of my head. The impact cause me to shape shift a couple times. First to my tio Bruno, my mom, Dolores, YN and back to myself.

-Ow! Ok,ok, I'm sorry!

My dad gave me some pats on the back and I raised my hand in a "I'm okay, thanks." Kind of way. I sat down and started eating. When I looked up, Isabela, Mirabel and Luisa were gossiping. They were always glancing at me, in which made me confirm my suspects about the subject of their 'girl talk'.

~Normal POV~

You had just gotten back home to everyone having dinner.

-Hey, I'm back

You said. Your mom greeted you as well, in the meantime, your brothers were more interested in the food. You had three brothers. Two older ones, Diego and Juan, and a slightly younger one, Fernando.

-So how did it go mi vida?

Your father asked. You didn't look up from your plate. After all, the only thing you ate were arepas. At first they were good, but not really after a bit. The only thing you were craving was homemade food.

-It went well, gracias. I even made a friend.

You said. Your oldest brother, Diego, finally looked up, face all dirty with food. Seriously, how could someone get that dirty from eating?! Was he some kind of animal?!

-You? Oh please! You don't get along with- wait, is it a boy?!
-So what?

You looked up at Diego and realized why you two were siblings. You as well, had your mouth full of food. Both of you looked like chipmunks at this point. As soon as you realized you talked with your mouth full (and dirty) you said perdón. But your mom didn't really mind that. She was more invested in something else.

-So, who's the guy, corazón?
-...camilo madrigal...
-Who?
-Camilo Madrigal!

You yelled. After what you had done, you realized you shouldn't have spoken THAT loud. The whole table was in a deadly silence.

-But it's not that big of a deal really, we just hang out for a bit. I'm sure tomorrow he won't even remember.

You mumbled trying to save yourself from any kinds of questions. Your Abuela dropped her food.

-You know, back in my day...
-Yes Abuela I know, you were one of the first population in the village after many people escaped from a village with Alma Madrigal and you were in every gift ceremony of the Madrigal's.

You just wanted that conversation to end as quickly as possible. But Fernando, your younger brother had other plans.

-YOU'RE DATING A MADRIGAL?!

That question was so sudden, it made you gag on your water. Not spiting it out on the table was lucky as how only god can make you lucky.

-What?! No! Claro que no! We're not dating! We just met! I accidentally stumbled across him while I was trying not to dance with a guy. I asked him to help me, he did, we hang out for the rest of the evening! That was it!

You tried to justify yourself, even said he would never remember in the next week, or remember your name in some hours. But your father smiled at you.

-Sure sure amor.