Christmas Miracle

Start from the beginning

"What's all this?"

"Just wait and see." He kept going until a boat came into view, not just any boat but the one he held his champagne party in all those months ago. Taking my hand he led us into a familiar building and up some stairs and onto the rooftop where a lone table sat, surrounded by candles and rose petals.

"Digby."

"Shh, sit down." We took a seat opposite each other, the view of the river all around us but all I could focus on was Digby. "Is this alright?"

"This is more than alright, it's amazing."

"I tried." 

A waiter interrupted us to bring over a selection of nibble starters and a glass of champagne each. 

"This is probably the most amazing date I've been on and it's only just started." I told him. "This must have taken a lot of organising."

"It was all worth it, do you recognise where we are?"

"Yeah, the rooftop where you held the party, why?"

"Which is where we first met." He continued. 

"I can't believe I didn't put the two together. You know I was kind of shocked that night, I'd obviously heard a few rumours about you and it was kind of a big shock to see that you were so nice."

"You're telling me, I'd heard about you but no one told me just how stunning you are. I was so nervous to come and speak to you so when Sam suggested we have lunch together the next week I was so happy."

"Why was you nervous?"

"I just felt like you was so out of my league and you had Miles so I didn't want to step in and ruin that."

"It feels a lot different to where we are now, imagine if Miles hadn't set us up on that blind date."

"I was fully prepared for that to go horribly wrong." He admitted. "I thought I would be leaving after the first drink."

"Instead you spent the whole night staring at me." I joked. "But in all seriousness, I don't think I've ever clicked like that with someone before."

"Me too, it definitely felt different from all my other dates."

"All your other dates, does this include recent ones?" I asked. 

"I wouldn't really call my date with Nicole good at all." 

"You must have been on other ones."

"Not since our second date, I haven't seen anyone else."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously." He confirmed. "Nothing I found was ever going to compare to you. Have you been on any other dates?"

"No,  I don't know, I just wanted to see where this would go."

"I'm glad, really glad." He confirmed. "I thought I was going to have to go and find all these others, tell them to back off."

"Why back off?" I pushed him. 

"Because I want you to be mine?" He came out and said it. 

"Really?"

"Yeah," He grabbed my hand across the table. "These past few weeks have been amazing and I've loved spending time with you, meeting your friends, you meeting mine. But I'm not getting any younger and I'm done with casual dating, I think you're amazing and I completely understand if you don't want that and I wouldn't blame you...."

I had to hold in my laughter as he started going on. "Digby just ask me the question."

"Willow, will you be my girlfriend?"