Girls' Night Away

****Willow's POV****

A few days after the roof top party, I was meeting Liv and James for lunch, as he wanted to speak to us both which did make me a tiny bit curious as even though I knew they'd broken up I still had no idea what had happened between them both. Miles and I were also in a good place after our conversation together, I had no reason to not trust him now so I just had to put my faith in him that he wouldn't mess this up. 

"Are you ready for this?" Liv asked as I met her at the door. "See what he has to say."

"I'm ready for his side of the story."

"Miss Bentley, Miss Locke." James welcomed us over to the table where he was sat. "Thanks for coming."

"No worries." I said and took a sip from the glass of water placed in front of me, the both of us taking a seat opposite him. 

"So what's going on?"

"Well Maeva and I broke up." James just came out and said. 

"Right.. who? Who dumped who?"

" Maeva broke up with me."

"Right."

"I've got to the point now where I'm so confused and I hoped I'd get some straight answers from you two in terms of what she's thinking. I know you two speak to her a lot. She's confiding in you and that's really what I want to know."

"When I last saw Maeva and we properly spoke about everything." Liv explained. "She was was very much saying, I asked her if you want to be single and she immediately said no but then I asked her would you fight for James if you broke up with her and she also said no to that."

"I think everyone at that point thought it didn't make sense to us." I carried on. "It's like do you want... I don't know, something just seems odd about the whole situation."

"Thanks because it doesn't make sense to me either. Okay yes there is a lack of passion between us sometimes because of XYZ, I will admit that, but I'm trying to talk to her like an adult about it"

"You guys have been together two years as well, a honeymoon phase cannot last forever. It does suddenly get to a point where it had to get serious." I told him. 

"That's why I'm so ok with it, but she really isn't. It's also been so blown out of proportion because of all this stuff with Miles now." He paused to make sure I was ok with him bring this up but I just gave him a nod to carry on. "They had this five hour dinner together."

"Maeva and Miles?" Liv asked. "When?"

"Yeah, weeks ago."

"What does she want to talk to Miles about?"

"She was saying that they had this conversation on the rooftop with Miles about how they had such a passionate relationship when the very thing we're arguing about.."

"Is passion." Liv could see the pieces connecting now. 

"Is passion and she's talking to her ex-boyfriend about the amount of passion she had with him."

"What do you think about this?" Liv asked. 

"I'll admit the other day when I saw them together it does make me feel uncomfortable, they're both just so blunt and honest people and they're open to talking about their passion together." I explained. "The other day I did just have to say I don't want to hear about the passion you two had together, it makes me feel like there's pressure on me to have that same spark as they did."

"Did he say if there's anything there between them?" 

"He said he couldn't love her and there's no way back for them in that respect but then his answer was a bit less straightforward about whether he would sleep with her, thankfully I think we've set that boundary now but yeah I think they're actually together right now, he messaged me earlier to say they were meeting."