Christmas Miracle

Start from the beginning

"How do you feel about it then?" I asked. "Do you think there's still something there?"

"I won't lie, up until that moment, he did treat me amazingly and it was magical. The reason it confuses me is how easily he could just throw that away."

"He's just an idiot who does stupid things." Liv said.

"It might have just been a drunken mistake." Robbie added. 

"I don't think it's because he doesn't care for you because you seemed like a match made in heaven just that morning." I told her. "It's just whether he's the type to commit himself to."

"Speaking of which," Inga turned it back to me. "You and Digby were so cute that whole weekend, like really loved up."

"I'm very happy right now." I admitted, " Very happy."

"He's a good guy." Liv said. "Do you think it's getting more serious now?"

"I would be very pissed if I found out he was speaking to someone else lets just put it that way, I genuinely just feel optimistic about him right now."

"Let's keep it that way then, as long as you're happy everything else will fall into place."

"Hopefully."

*****

I got back from my afternoon with them and just as I was about to start cooking myself some dinner a text came through:

Digby: picking you up at 8, don't be late xx (dress semi-fancy)

This was one of the things I liked most about him, he was so spontaneous and always had a little surprise hanging round the corner. 8 gave me 2 hours to get ready so I had a quick shower and then chose a dress which would hopefully meet the dress code. 

At bang on 8 I got another text through to say he was waiting downstairs and quickly collected my bag before finding his car waiting at the door, Digby leaning against it with a bouquet of red roses in front of him

"For you." He whispered as I greeted him with a kiss. "You look stunning."

"Thank you," I took the flowers in my hands. "I'm just going to run upstairs and then I'll be back." Instead of getting in the car he waited for me to open my door and then got himself in. "So any clues on where we're going?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

The hand that wasn't operating the steering wheel was firmly placed on my thigh throughout the drive, my hand sat on top as a comfortable silence was maintained. We'd gone through the main restaurant area so I presumed we wouldn't be going anywhere fancy but then why ask me to get dressed up. I lost track of where we were at some point until he rounded a corner to put the Thames in sight, staying silent I watched as he parked the car and motioned for me to get out.