Chapter 16

Natalia After I got discharged from the hospital, we flew back to Sinaloa

Natalia
After I got discharged from the hospital, we flew back to Sinaloa.
Santiago and I haven't had our pending conversation yet. There's a lot of things left to discuss.

De Leon Mansion

Santiago : As Marco's wife, everything has been left to you

Natalia : I don't want anything...
Santiago : Are you sure? Most of his properties originally belonged to your father. A lot of weapons and merchandise were left. You have the power to keep going with that cartel. You have everything you need.
Natalia : I don't know anything about accounting or management.
Santiago : Well they're currently under your hand. You can sell them and get big money. Enough to live like a queen for the rest of your life.
Natalia : But to who? I don't know how that works. What if you just take care of that?
Santiago : If that's what you want. Yeah I can help you with whatever we you need.
Natalia : Or I can just sell them to you. You'll gain power over Guadalajara. That'll help your cartel right?
Santiago : The decision is yours.
Natalia : I want to pay you somehow for everything you did for me. Do you want them?
Santiago : Alright! I'll deposit some good amount of money into your account for them. Or do you have a specific amount?
Natalia : No it's fine. Again, I have no clue regarding business.
Santiago : Alright......do you know what you want to do? You're free now. You can do whatever you want wherever you want.
Natalia : I want to move to Puerto Vallarta and start working. My parents have a house over there.
Santiago : If that's what you want to do.
Natalia : When can I leave?
Santiago : Whenever you want. We can go through final details regarding your properties by phone.
Natalia : Okay then.......I'm gonna go pack then. I want to leave...
Santiago : I'll have my jet take you.

Natalia
I guess this is it. Santiago is letting me go this easily. Clearly what we did didn't mean anything to him. Deep down I had hope he'd ask me to stay with him.

Stupid of me to think that. He doesn't believe in love. He doesn't want to commit to a relationship.

I guess we weren't meant for each other after all....

Emily : Hey!
Natalia : Hi!
Emily : You're leaving?
Natalia : Yeah I said I'd start over after everything happened...
Emily : Are you sure?
Natalia : I don't have a reason to stay.
Emily : Where are you going?
Natalia : My parents have a house in Puerto Vallarta.
Emily : Oh how nice!
Natalia : It's truly beautiful over there.
Emily : What about Santiago?
Natalia : What about him?
Emily : Nothing?
Natalia : No...
Emily : That sucks...
Natalia : -sigh- Thank you Emily for everything. I really don't know how to repay you.
Emily : If you ever need anything you have my number. You're always welcomed here.
Natalia : Thank you!