Not Who He Used to Be

Selever sat in front of his vanity stained a dark chocolate of it's wood, naturally damaged with it's nicks and scratches. The abyss of his reflection left him hypnotized, staring at his detailed facial features on broken mirror glass. He gently sets his hands on the tabletop, lined with hair products and cologne against the mirror. He selects a cologne bottle that stood out above the rest; a ruby red glass bottle in the appearance of a star shape, radiant and overpowering holographic accents of it's cap and label allowing rainbow and red light to bounce off the bottle. As his mind drifted away from studying it's features, he gently set it down, feeling reposed from the subtle clanking of the bottles next to it. He closed his eyes thinking of everything that went wrong along with the mix of a headache to disrupt him every now and then. His bedroom door opened slowly and gently, adorably creaking. The sound came to him as muffled. He became startled.

"Selever."

The shy and timid sound of Rasazy triggered Selever's mind to ring, the ring worsens his headache and shatters his train of thought, broken free from the mirror's hypnosis.

"Rasazy...Uh-....how'd you get in here?"

"Your lock must have broke." She replied.

Selever left his vanity and to his window where he sat lonely in the blurry and ice glazed noon.

"I haven't seen you much today."

Selever looked sick and tired. His pink under eye bags became more saturated of its color.

"I just knew something was wrong with you. For weeks."

Selever glanced at Rasazy, like he was simply done with life. She felt somewhat intimidated by his appearance. She clutched her spellbook in her arm, Selever bringing his visual attention towards it. Rasazy coughed and used her free hand to twirl her braid. She broke the silence with her voice.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

"You're too naive to understand."

He turned back toward the window.

"I'm your closest family member who's been through more different and complicated things and you can't tell me?"

"It's different, Rasazy. It's not like back home."

Now his muscles started to tense.

"What are you scared of?" She asked. That was the question he hates the most.

"Rasazy, watch yourself." He angrily growled.

"Um, I'm trying to say, is that when we were in the Nothing Realm, you looked fearless all the time....I thought you were capable of showing how you truly feel."

Selever snapped back to glance at Rasazy, his horns aflame and eyes red, angered, teeth showing it's razor and his expression clear as the purest water.

"So now I'm not capable?!"

"No! N-not in the way you think!-"

"Then what do you mean?"

Rasazy trembled upon the fear of his brother, who she remembered him as caring and loving towards as the first family she ever had. Rasazy didn't know who he was anymore. She shook and couldn't say a word without stuttering.

"Um...I-I.....I mean....uh..." She burst into tears and started crying.

Selever calmed down a bit, his eyes and horns returned to what they once were. He quietly gasped and his eyes widened, knowing what he did in which wasn't like him at all, at least toward his sister, quite possibly, even his parents. He got off the windowsill and slowly stepped toward Rasazy, with one hand in front of him ready to comfort her.