04 | another love

CHAPTER FOUR
ANOTHER LOVE
[04]

song: Another Love by Tom Odell

+++++++++++++++

"I wanna cry, and I wanna love,
but all my tears have been used up."

The moment Scorpius Malfoy saw Phoenix Toh-Weasley that day on the platform, he knew she was special.

And when he ended up in a compartment with her on the train? Ecstatic. She even wanted to be friends with him.

But it scared him. He had a little crush, and what would his father say?

Draco Malfoy used to be very big on the pureblood ways, but Scorpius wasn't sure if he had changed. His father probably wouldn't let him date a half-blood.

And he didn't want to let his dad down.

So he slowly and surely, detached himself from her. Albus following along.

That's when she started her dislike. Sure enough, Nix would do whatever she could to beat Scorpius at anything.

Potions assignment? She got one point higher. Transfiguration? His water glass was perfect, while hers still had a tail.

But he played along. Whether out of amusement or now dislike, he didn't know.

+++++

By now at this age in his sixth year at Hogwarts, he now knows his dad doesn't follow the pureblood ways.

During Scorpius' fourth year, his mother Astoria Malfoy passed away. It really took a toll on both Mr Malfoy and Scorpius. His dad secretly vowed to be a better man and father for Scorpius.

But now Scorpius set his sights on someone else, that wasn't Nix.

This new love interest was gorgeous, smart, athletic, and had beautiful curly auburn hair and blue eyes. Rose Weasley, Nix's and Albus' cousin, in the same year as them.

Ironic isn't it? That Nix hates her, but now Scorpius fancies her.

They had never spoken really. He just stared and admired her beauty from afar.

When he came back to Hogwarts for sixth year, Rose Weasley had changed. In short, she had had a glow up.

(But who's to say Phoenix hadn't either?)

Scorpius wanted to make a move. So he needed a favour....