"Stop daydreaming!" Aryan yells.

I roll my eyes and get up from my bed.

My mother was flipping an omelette when I went downstairs after I got ready for school.

"Morning mother!" I sang as I stuffed my mouth with an omelette from the plate beside her.

"Hey looking cute today!" My mother kissed my cheek with a grin.

"Thanks," I spoke with a mouth full of food.

"Sai is here eh," my dad appeared from the front door in his workout clothes. "Good morning." He ruffled my hair.

"Morning, where's Ari?"

"Dusting his car, the usual." My dad shrugged.

"He already had his breakfast, Sai, once you finish up head straight out he'll bring you." My mother instructed, feeding my dad a piece of omelette after he gestured for one.

I nodded.

My parents are the definition of a power couple. They had set the example for me on a happy married life, how to manage a household peacefully.

I notice it since Peter, my best friend, doesn't have a peaceful home life, and he stays over most of the time whenever possible. He's somehow closer to Aryan too. They bond over their playstation and whatever it is they play in that.

"Bye guys!" I wave to my parents once I've finished my breakfast and head outside to see Aryan spying on Lola, the rottweiler's broken cage.

"Don't be a creep," I comment, coming behind him.

He flinched.

"Fuck, Sai, don't do that. Your words contradict your actions, hence you're a hypocrite," he states, walking over to the car.

"So, do you speak with the gang we met yesterday?" He asks once we're on the move.

My face twists uneasily.

"Well, no."

"Why not? They seem chill." He shrugs.

I stare at my brother.

"We're just two different crowds."

Aryan shakes his head.

"Don't give me that."

"What do you mean?" I ask, my voice a tone high.

"You're always inside your comfort zone, you need to come out of it."

I didn't reply.

I saw my school come into view after a few minutes.

I got down from the car without saying a word once we were in the parking lot.

I noticed Ezekiel and his friends out of the corner of my eyes. They seemed to be chilling around their cars, copying homeworks before the final bell rings.

All of a sudden I heard the honk of my brother's car.

I didn't stop.

He honked again and yelled my name.

"Sai, mingle!"

I turned back with a glare and quickly pulled my hood up.

I could hear him laughing as he left the school, waving to Ezekiel's friends.

"What's your brother yelling about?" Peter came into view.

"He's just being an ass."

Peter slung an arm around my shoulder.

"Does it have anything to do with Sierra Stevens glaring at you?" His tone changed.

I turned to look behind me.

Sierra Stevens, the girl who called me a bitch, was indeed, glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes.

I noticed Ezekiel looking at me.

I turned back in a jiffy.

"Sierra Stevens thinks I'm a bitch, and Zeke is looking at me oh my gosh," I tugged Peter's arm. "Wait then Zeke probably thinks I'm a bitch too. At least then he thinks about me."

"Wait, why? Why would they think you're a bitch?" We began walking.

I looked up at Peter.

He was one of those cool guys in our school, friends with almost everyone, good at sports. He'd randomly talk to a stranger if he's bored waiting in a line, but that depends on his mood, but still, he'd do that if he was in a good one.

The epitome of extroverts.

And somehow, we're best friends.

His face contorted into a frown after I told him the whole fiasco with Zeke and his friends.

"Wow, Sierra Stevens is a lowkey bitch, who would've thought," Peter mused.

Sierra Stevens is a female version of Peter, and is a friendly person. To others maybe.

"I don't know if I should judge her, I think I might've come across as a bitch." I shrug.

I find the rest of our friends sitting under a tree, quietly.

That's weird.

"Nah, I'll judge her, Sierra Stevens is a bitch." Peter declared.

I shrugged.

"What are y'all fussing about?" I ask once we reach the others.

"Oh my gosh, Sai, did you hear, Shawn and Camila broke up." Trixie walked up to me, shoving her phone right in front of my face.

"Damn, I thought they'd last," I said, sitting down beside Tyler.

"We all did." Paige murmured, invested in her book; The Upside Of Unrequited. She nodded at me, before going back to reading.

"Did you study for the Chemistry test today?" Tyler asks, shaking my shoulder.

"No! Shit we have a test?" I immediately looked up at Peter.

"Yes, don't tell me you forgot?" Peter raised a brow.

I clutched my head in my hands.

I'm going to fail.

"I'll brief you." Peter stated.

I suddenly loved Peter more.

This is the thing about my friends. We end up saving each other's ass unknowingly. One of us always know something that the rest of us don't.

It's like each of us have a subject. Like subjects in life.

Tyler likes to educate us on stock markets, Trixie is always up to date with social media stuff, Paige is a movie buff, Peter is a sporty person and I like to bake and experiment with food.

Tyler and I exchanged giddy looks after Peter finishes explaining.

Maybe I'd pass after all.

"It was easy! Damn, Pete, I'll marry you," Tyler comes forward to kiss Peter on the cheek after taking the test during the first period. Peter dodges his advances, chuckling.

Paige and Trixie were packing up their bags.

"It was good." Trixie shrugged, meeting us in the hallway.

Paige nodded.

Paige was a woman of few words, the wise sage of our group.

"Now I'll tell you all about what happened yesterday with Zeke," I grinned and clapped my hands.

"Oh I'm sorry did you call for me?"

I froze.

Fuck.

Infinity within meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें