Shifty Layers of Green

Sapphires POV

I tip toe down the hallway, my veins pumping with adrenaline. Two can play that game, Michael. Now I have something to use against him. The shuffling around and moving of objects become for prominent as I creep closer to the dressing room. When I finally reach it, the door that is only open a fraction casts a small, thin line of light over my eye. I look in, my smirk growing larger. Poor little Michael had his head in the old hiding spot, frantically looking for the bag.

“What the fuck?!” He mutters to himself, lifting the rug and feeling his hand underneath.

“Whatcha looking for?” I say, watching Michael quickly whip around. He studies the smirk on my face and suddenly stands.

“Where the fuck is it Saph?” He harshly snaps, walking forward. I keep my ground, my hands tucked behind my back and stare wide.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about” I innocently mock, seeing Michaels face twist in anger.

“Sapphire, I swear to God if you don’t tell me where the fuck it is I’ll-“

“Oh you’ll what Michael. Assault me? Again? Y’know it’s a shame Luke interrupted us, you could have taken it further!”

My argument is soon cut short by a harsh force against my face. I stumble back, holding my cheek as it starts to throb. When I look up, Michael is still standing with his hand raised in a strike. I snarl at him as he starts to walk forward again.

“Listen, Sapphire” He spits. “I’ll give you one more time to tell me where it is” He harshly pulls my arm down, and grips my face. It wasn’t romantic anymore to feel his hot breath fanning my face. Butterflies didn’t explode in my stomach when he gripped my face. This was different.

“Never” I say through clenched teeth. Michaels hooded eyes look up to me. No longer were the grey-green eyes full of laughter, happiness and love. They were full of darkness, violence and anger. He raises an eyebrow, quickly letting me out of him hold. When he turns around and begins to walk back, I take this time to carefully touch my cheek. I cringe at the stinging when my cool hand comes into contact with the hot, and probably red skin.

Michael paces around the room, his breathing becoming heavier by the second. Finally, he quickly walks over to the chair in the corner in the room. My eyes widen, and I back up against the wall as he lifts it up with a huff. Who knew how fucking heavy that chair was?!

A great groan releases out of Michaels lips, as he hurtles the chair straight at the dressing room mirror. My shriek is drowned out by the shattering of the glass, as it cascades all over the floor. To my horror, the impact from the chair made the lower cupboard door creak open. My heart drops as the blue strap from the duffle bag falls out.

Michael’s eyes snap to the bag, as he deviously smiles. In less than a second, I run forward throwing myself in front of the cupboard doors. Michael runs forward too, but not fast enough. What the fuck was I thinking? What do I do now?

“Get out of the way, Saph” He says, surprisingly calmly.

“No” I whisper, not once taking my eyes of his.

“Don’t make me hurt you again” He threatens, his fists clenching at his sides.

“Then don’t” I almost plead. I slowly look down, my brain reeling with thoughts. “What am I to you? What was I to you?”

“You think you meant something to me?! Hell, you were the easiest girl I ever met. To think I kissed you only a couple of hours after meeting you. They told me you were tough… that you’d be hard to get with. But little did they know you were a depressed little slut who’s desperately in love with her best friend!”