Bad Boyz

Sapphires POV

I drag my feet over the concrete as we make our way towards the bar. I don’t know why I was forced to come today. I hated the bar. I hated every little thing about it. Part of the reason that Billie made out with that chick in it, also the seedy bar tender who tries to hit on me.

Tre laughs at my groans, before starting to skip in circles around me. I was too tired to get annoyed or shoo him away. Last night, the boys once again insisted we all sleep in the one motel room to save money. It just so happened also that they all wanted us to sleep in the bed, which was at first thought a terrible idea. Being squashed next to Billie wasn’t so bad, but the mood was wrecked knowing that Mike was on my other side. When I had woken up, I find that fucking Billie Joe Armstrong had retreated to the couch and left me to sleep with Mike and Tre. I wasn’t amused, but they got a good laugh out of it.

“Are you seriously still pissed?” Mike laughs, walking backwards to look at me. The glare on my face answers his question and he quickly turns back around again I really didn’t want to come. I would just be sitting there. The boys have to go into their meeting, and apparently I’m not allowed to come in with them. I didn’t want to sit around in the bar waiting for them, especially since Kyle might be lurking around waiting to strike at any waking moment.

“Hurry up!” Tre runs ahead, past Mike and Billie. I sigh, walking faster to push between them. The give each other goofy looks before disbanding any conversation further.

“So, Saph” Mike coughs, smirking at Billie.

“What is it?” I roll my eyes at them. I really wasn’t in the mood.

“How’s Michael?” He tries to cover his laughter with his hand. I stare at him, obviously unamused by his words.

“He’s fine” I say through clenched teeth.

“Billie told me all about him” Mike looks over at Billie again. I turn to him as well, my eyebrows furrowed. It was completely evident that Billie didn’t like Michael. I didn’t see the big deal? He knew his band was better than theirs without even hearing them play.

“Well isn’t that wonderful” I sarcastically say, walking ahead and not looking back. Billie is pissing me off. It’s his own fault though, he seems to purposely annoy me about Michel and then get mad at me that I’m mad at him.

We finally reach the bar, and Tre’s excitement got the better of him. He bursts through the door, making pretty much everyone in the bar turn to us. Mike struts in, uncaringly leaving Billie and me awkwardly standing in the doorway. Billie nods his head in, starting to walk in. I follow behind, staring straight at the back of his head.

My emotions were all over the place about him. I liked him, but at the moment I feel like I’m a joke to him. At first he seemed interested in my relationship with Michael, now he’s just making fun of me. Billie turns around, making me look up right at his face. He sends me small smile, before walking towards me.

“Sorry for being a dick” He quietly mutters, avoiding my stare.

“Its fine…” I sigh.

“Restart?” He looks up at me, hope in his eyes. I can’t say no with the way he looks at me. I feel like I just fell in love with him all over again.

“Sure Billie” I smile and the goofy smile returns to his face again.

“We won’t be long, just hang around here and don’t talk to Kyle!” Billie quickly runs off to Mike and Tre, to go to the meeting.

I sigh, pulling out a chair and sitting down. Nirvanas “Smells like Teen Spirit” was playing softly in the background. The dimly lit bar was full of all types of expressive people. Punks, emos, goths, you name it. It seemed like this was the place we could all come together without being judged. I didn’t really know what I fit into. In school I was always known as the “emo” even though the only thing that related to emo for me was my music taste. I guess it’s better than to be called Scene. As my eyes reach the bar counter, I accidentally make contact with Kyle. He sends me a wink and a flash of his perfect teeth. I smile back, ignoring the sound of the bar door opening again.