11. Why do some people hate cats

Cats for many years have been associated with Egyptian demi gods, witches, evil, conniving actions, not to mention being independent, stroppy, causing allergies and even passing on the plague during medieval times in Europe.

Well, they did not help with the plague, they are actually loving mammals who do like and sometimes crave attention.

The witches, allergies etc well no one's perfect!

There is a condition called Ailurophobia, this is the irrational, intense fear of cats, a condition that is difficult for cat lovers to understand unless they have seen it. One of the most famous ailurophobes was Napoleon Bonaparte.

One other reason for hating cats could be that they still do love chasing, fighting and killing. In the UK it is estimated that cats kill more than 250 million creatures per year (mainly birds and rodents).

They love to play out battles during the night and have been known to keep the odd person awake with their yowls and hissing at 3 in the morning.

And I guess they also do scratch and bite their loving owners when they are playing in a friendly manner whilst you are trying to relax or surf the web.

But then you gaze into their beautiful big eyes, cute faces and you melt. They are adorable and can be forgiven by most for almost anything!