*insert title name*

EPILOUGE

11 YEARS LATER

A darkhaired woman hummed to herself as she walked along a riverbank. The cold, silvery water barely touched her sandaled feet, the waves not yet high enough to reach the rim of her long lilac dress.

The woman was in her late twenties, with a kind smile and deep blue eyes. There was a scar across her cheek, so faint you could barely see it. As kind as she looked, you could clearly tell she had gone through a lot, judging by her tired eyes, filled with years of mourning.

In the distance was a tree, a willow tree. The long branches swaying in the light breeze, the light green leaves brushing the rosy, pink flowers along the soft green hill.

If you looked closely, you could see two gray tombstones, the names engraved not quite visible from her distance. They had more flowers growing around them, as if nature was honoring the two.

Hanging from the tree was a beautiful wooden swing, clearly handcrafted, with initials carved in the seat.

'C. V + A. R.'

The initials were almost eleven years old, two different handwritings.

"Kay! Come on bud, we're gonna see Momo." The women called, voice soft and full of affection.

A dark-haired, dark-skinned boy, probably four years old, scampered over a rock, being slow enough not to get hurt. He had a wooden woven basket with him, almost too big for him to carry.

"Let me grab that for you, bambino." The woman said, chuckling softly as the boy stumbled into her arms.

The boy, Kay, handed the large basket to his mother, grinning softly. "There you go Mama."

The mother smiled, although not a real one, grabbing the hand of her child, guiding him to the hill.

The two walked up to the tree, the woman helping Kay get up the emerald grass without slipping. As they got closer to the tombstones the mother set the basket down, lifting up the wooden lid and grabbing a red checkered blanket, lying it down beneath the tree.

It was a traditional picnic, one the two would have every year on November nineteenth.

There used to be more then just two on that picnic. Three other people, as unique and special as the woman in the lilac dress herself.

Over time those four had grown apart, but recently they've started to drift back together again, regaining the close friendship they had ten years ago.

While Kay rolled around on the grass, catching bugs and picking bouquets of flowers, the woman in the lilac dress shifted over to the tombstones.

Both tombstones were around the same age, the left one being about a year older.

On the left the words read;

Cleo Valentina Viotto

1999-2017

Beloved daughter, twin, sister, friend, and hero