Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie: Part Three

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Agent. I bet I know why you're here," she says.

"How's business?"

"Turns out not even grim fucking death can slow down the birthday fun," she chuckles. "We roped off the ball pit, though, until corporate can get here. I just can't believe the machine fritzed and did Saul in like that."

"Yeah, that makes two of us. I'm gonna need to talk to some of your employees."

"Like who?"

You pick up your water bottle and take a few gulps since you're parched.

"Like you," Sam says somewhat menacingly.

You choke on your drink and cough, giggling at how hard Sam is trying. You clear your throat and look back at him, and he's giving you the bitch-face. You clear your throat again and turn back to your daughter. Sam and the manager head back to the back room to talk, and you look up at Dean to see him watching a little girl holding a rainbow-colored slinky that she won.

"Dean don't do it," you say, but it's too late.

Dean gets up and heads to the prize counter while you're in the middle of your sentence. You scratch your head and watch this encounter. Much like Sam and the manager, you're close enough to hear Dean and the cashier. Behind the cashier are shelves stocked with all kinds of prizes, including the giant slinky. Below the slinky is a small sign that says "1000 tickets". The fact that he wants that brings a smile to your face. He can be such a child sometimes.

"Howdy, friend," the cashier grins.

"Giant slinky. I would have killed for one of those when I was a kid. How much?"

"1,000 tickets."

"American dinero. How much?" Dean rolls his eyes, taking out his wallet.

"Oh, we don't take cash here at Plucky Pennywhistle's. Only tickets won through hard work and determination."

"You mainlined the kool-aid, huh?" Dean asks, completely unamused.

"It's double-ticket Tuesday if you play skeeball."

Dean glares at the cashier before walking back to the table where he plops down onto the seat with a pout.

"Awe what's the matter? Can't get your toy?" you tease.

"No, you know what? I'm getting that fucking toy."

"For Joanna, right?"

"Y-yeah. For Joanna," he stutters.

Dean gets up and heads to the skeeball machines to play and win some tickets. For someone so fearsome and strong, he sure sucks at the game.

"Look how silly Daddy is. Come on."

You pick up Joanna and clean her face with one of their napkins before joining Dean. He starts to roll the balls to where he wants them to go, but they all land in the much smaller holes. He manages to only get 3000 points, and the machine spits out three tickets. Dean's face falls at the small amount, but he snatches it anyway.

There are about seven skeeball machines all in a row, and you look to your right to see an older kid on the machine trying to put the balls into the rings himself instead of actually playing the game. There is a younger kid watching this, but he soon gets fed up with his behavior.

"Hey! Stop cheating!" the younger kid says.

The boy looks at the other kid before going back to what he was doing. Dean decided to step in and nudge the kid's back so that he has his attention.