I let out a hearty laugh, spinning around with my arms wide as we walked through the camp. Some of the soldiers we passed laughed at the spectacle, but I didn’t care. The plan was genius. It was brilliant. And by God, it had to work – no, it will work. Bringing myself to my controlled state, I walked forward to my tent.

“And John,” I called out, stopping him in his tracks, “have Magnus with the birds to be set out during the night flight. However, put some of the older birds in the day flight so that Darien won’t be suspicious of anything. I want him to think that I did my best.” And the best I always set out to do.

John gave me a quick bow before heading off to where the birds were to get to business. I, on the other hand, happily marched into what I thought, let me repeat that, thought was my tent. I am one to never get distracted or sidetracked, but this by far was not one of my best moments. Of course, thinking, I was entering my tent, I presumed it would be alright to talk to myself aloud since it’s just me in there.

“Darien, it is about to get hot – Oh my God,” I yelled, turning my back so fast that I nearly lost my balance. My face was definitely turning red at what I had just saw not even a second ago. I just happened to walk into Francis’ tent. No, what’s worse than that is him being in it as I accidently walk into it is him being half-naked with only a pair of very low leather trousers keeping himself covered.

“I am so sorry –“

“Eleanor, do not tell me you haven’t seen the male anatomy before,” chuckled Francis from behind. Why that little . . .

“I beg your pardon,” I said, turning around with every ounce of my being telling myself to keep my eyes on his face and nothing below it. “I have, when I would help care for the wounded in battle long ago. Besides, I’ve seen far better,” I said nonchalantly, gesturing to his very, very well sculpted chest.

“Oh really,” Francis replied, a smirk adorning his handsome face as he came towards me dangerously slow, like a predator stalking creeping upon its prey. My eyes betrayed me to look down to his chest for a split second. That and the rest of his skin that was visible glowed from the candles and torches that lit the tent. “Because judging by how you just reacted, I beg to differ.”

We were now chest to chest, his blue eyes sparkling down at me, and those luscious lips – no! No, no, no! Eleanor Maria Elizabeth Alagor you are better than this! Control yourself!

“Francis,” I said, giving him a look.

“Eleanor,” he replied, mimicking my tone as he flashed me a toothy smile. Oh dear me.

“I am going to leave your tent, go to mine, and get a good night’s rest for tomorrow,” I said with a chirpy voice, trying to easy whatever tension – not the bad kind – was going on between us.

I gave a fake laugh as I turned on my heel and tried to dash out of his tent, but Francis caught my hand. The only thing he didn’t do was pull me back to him. Instead, he walked a few steps and then stopped, bringing up my hand to place a gentle, but lingering kiss on it.

“I’ll let you go, for now, beautiful. Sweet dreams,” he spoke, his voice deep with something like lust but something else was there too, I just couldn’t figure out what.

“Good night,” I said quickly as Francis released my hand. Once he did I was out of his tent and in mine faster than a shooting star.

Now in the solitude of my tent that was unfortunately situated directly across from his, I let out a groan as I sat down on the bed set up for me as my fingers begins to untie my dress. After successfully undressing myself I put on my sleeping gown and before I knew it was out just like that.

Tomorrow, the flirting and fun will be put aside. I’m ready for tomorrow. I think I want it to come more than anyone else. When the sun rises we shall see if my plan with the birds works. If it doesn’t, then I'd better think damn fast of a better solution.

Hi all! (For those who are actually reading this y'all get some extra love from me - just kidding I love you all equally-)Thanks again for reading my story! Sorry for the long wait but I hope this was a nice chapter. Soon, and very soon, I will be posting a new story with a totally different plot. I'm sure you all will love (at least I hope you do!) it. I also hope that all of you who celebrated Easter had a great one! And feel free to message, comment, vote, etc., I love feedback! If there is one thing that I can confirm about this story is that this will be the first book of a mini-series (yes, a series!) because I can't stop running out of ideas and plot twists to this amazing story! Again, thank you so much and get your friends, family, dog or cat (if that is possible then please tell me where you got your highly intelligent pet) to read The First Queen. 

Lots of love,

Alexis Bree