47 || Great Responsibility

Start from the beginning

"Tommy, I'm so sorry that I've been too busy leading a war to decorate my house," Ranboo scoffs standing up and then falling back down into one of the armchairs. I chuckle whilst Tommy huffs blowing his white streak out of his eyes. 

"Does anybody want to live in Snowchester besides you guys?" I ask Ranboo curiously. 

"Jack wants to move in since he can help Tubbo better that way, especially since his house is miles away. He usually sleeps over anyway. But there's nobody else," Ranboo says. 

"Have you been in town yet?" Tommy looks at me, a sudden sparkle replacing the boredom in his eyes. 

"No?" I look between the two of them. 

"You should probably go sometime soon with Dream," Ranboo hums. 

"Why?"

"Basically everybody thinks you're the Queen of the SMP now. The people are speculating about your's and Dream's relationship and all other sorts of shit," Tommy says matter-of-factly. I groan suddenly remembering that Dream was still technically the king. It was a fact that was often lost on me. It wasn't like we lived in a castle or had perfect manners or wore expensive clothing. 

"That's the last thing I want to deal with," I groan and run my hands over my face. 

"You'll have to eventually," Ranboo points out. 

"I know, but for now I'm not going to think about it. I'll talk to Dream later," I say and sit forward on the couch. 

I squeal as something heavy drops down onto my shoulders, but I'm quick to notice the childish laughter from behind me. I turn around and see Shroud leaning back on the couch in fits of laughter. 

"Shroud," Tommy groans and stand up from his armchair. "You left webs on the ceiling again." 

Tommy stands on the couch next to us to wind up the webs on the ceiling with his fingers. Shroud is still laughing like he's pulled the world's first prank as Tommy dumps the coil of webs in the bin. 

"TAG!" Tubbo shouts and falls over the back of the couch with Michael. They tumble down on top of me and Ranboo making the two of us laugh with them. Tubbo is completely out of breath but Michael and Shroud sprint off again immediately yelling just as loudly as before. 

Tubbo looks up at Ranboo who smiles and brushes Tubbo's thick fringe from his forehead. I notice Tubbo and Tommy wince when the boys start screaming particularly loud. Ranboo and I share a knowing look before I turn around. 

"Boys!" I call to them gently. It takes them a moment to realise I'm watching them. 

"Can you guys go upstairs, please, if you're going to be loud?" I ask them and I notice a regretful look in Michael's eyes. He knew about Tubbo's sensitivity, he just forgot. Shroud simply nods not knowing the circumstances. Shroud grabs Michael's hand and they run up the stairs. 

"Sorry," I hear Michael mumble as he leaves the room. I smile gently at the expression of his considerate nature. 

"I will never understand how they have so much energy," Tommy sighs slouching into his armchair. 

"Careful Tommy, you're going to turn into Phil," Tubbo teases causing Tommy to start bickering again. 

The mood is interrupted by a crow that taps furiously at the window in the dining room. I get on my feet instinctively and open the window letting the crow onto my shoulder before shutting the icy wind outside again. I wince as the crow squawks in my ear and then take the small roll of parchment from the tie on his ankle. 

I open it and feel my heart stop when I skim over the words. I'm needed urgently in the SMP for confidential business. I'm never needed urgently. 

"What is it?" Ranboo asks worriedly, noticing my expression.