47 || Great Responsibility

Start from the beginning

"It's fine, I just wish I could go out and train," He looks away from his plans and leans on the bench facing me. 

"You really like training," I note. 

"It's more therapeutic than this, as interesting as nuclear technology is."

"What have you found?" Tubbo sighs running through a thousand things in his thoughts. 

"We managed to salvage some Old World documents from the SMP library, restricted section," he adds. I'm both surprised by the news as much as it was what I expected to hear. The SMP library was a massive thing. Three stories with long delicately carved spruce bannisters and thousands of rows of books and documents. The third floor was not available to the public eye. 

"Were they useful?"

"The technology is... advanced. But I'm making progress," He shrugs turning back to the papers. "We're only going to use the nukes as a last resort anyway."

"We have no intention to use them against Schlatt but the option is important to have. I don't want to damage the planet to the scale that it was after the War of Old World," I confirm reminiscing on the stories of how the nukes launched flattened entire cities and disintegrated people who were too close. Most people died of radiation exposure after that. 

"The bombs we're making and in no way anything similar in scale to the nukes from Old World. Those were planet killers. These should be just enough to flatten Schlat's city," he pats the papers looking at some diagrams that I couldn't see. 

"Good, that's what we want."

"How's Michael?" Tubbo asks softening instantly at the thought. 

"Michael couldn't have been happier in the house. But Shroud's going home with Tommy tonight, I'm sure they'd both love to see you before he leaves," I smile convincingly and Tubbo sighs taking off his face shield and dumping it in a chest. He blocks the value that cuts the oxygen in the furnace and the flames die nearly instantly without their gaseous fuel. 

He grabs his coat and slings it over his shoulder before following me back to the house. We leave our boots and coats at the door and shut the door to keep the cold out of the house. 

Tommy and Ranboo bicker in the living room as Ranboo puts a log in the fireplace and Tommy lounges on the couch. Tubbo looks around with a confused expression. 

"Where are the kids?" he mutters to himself.

His question is answered when a pink and black ball comes bounding down the stairs. Well, Michael comes bounding down the stairs chasing Shroud who was running across the roof. Michael and Shroud are giggling profusely and for a second I worry if Shroud might fall down. 

"Bee!" Michael cheers through his laughter as he spots Tubbo and me by the door. Tubbo leans over to the kitchen bench and grabs his wedding ring from a little bowl and slides it onto his horn. I smile a little noting how much he loves wearing it and remembering the fuss he made about not being able to wear it in the factory. 

"Come on!" Tubbo eggs. "Let's catch him!" Tubbo sweeps down collecting Michael and setting him on his shoulders. Michael whoops and hollers as he and Tubbo chase after Shroud who seemed to be running faster than before. 

I chuckle at their antics and then decide to join Tommy and Ranboo in the living room. 

"But Ranboo your house is so boring," Tommy whines. I look around confused. It didn't look bland. 

"Why?" I question and plonk down on the couch next to Tommy. 

"There's nothing in it!" I look around noting the furniture. The house wasn't really lived in since it was still so new but it wasn't empty.