Chapter 7

Boscha was currently laying upon Willow's bed. The doctors said that she should be fine, but she would need to be monitored.

They suggested she stay in the healing ward for the night, but Gilbert thought it was too risky. He didn't want her parents to have the ability to come take her.

Willow looked over at her. The pink-skinned witch had her arm drapped over her eyes. Her lip quivered as she silently cried.

She sighed. The three-eyed witch hadn't said anything since they returned. She was breaking apart but unwilling to seek out or accept help.

A part of Willow knew that if someone didn't want help, there wasn't much you could do, but Boscha wasn't refusing help. At least, not from the way Willow saw it.

The potionist was scared, and she had every right to be.

The plant witch scanned over Boscha's body. Her eyes stopped, lingering on the bandages covering her.

Willow moved closer to Boscha. "Hey." She whispers softly, trying to grab the other witch's attention.

Needless to say, Boscha either didn't hear her or ignored her.

She gently grabbed the three-eyed witch's arm, pulling it away from her face.

Boscha looks up at Willow with tear filled eyes.

"Hey, it's okay."

The magenta-haired girl sat up, hugging the plant witch. Willow is a bit stunned, having not expected such an action from the halfling.

She had sat still a little too long, causing the magenta-haired girl to push away from her.

"I'm sorry..." She speaks in an almost inaudible whisper.

She curls in on herself, trying to hide in embarrassment and shame.

Willow's heart hurts too much for her to properly form words. She goes to hug the demon, but it's too late. Boscha pushes away, no longer open to hugs.

She felt unworthy of the affection and love of a hug. She leans against the wall that the bed is pressed up against.

Willow gently placed her hand on the other girl's shoulder. "Hey, what's going on in your head?"

Perhaps the question sounded simple to Willow, but the thoughts that swarmed Boscha were far from easy to comprehend.

The pink-skinned girl opened her mouth, but no words fell from her tongue. She snapped her mouth close. It remained silent.

The plant witch waited patiently, hoping for a response.

"Do you not want to talk about it."

She is met with silence. She shouldn't, but she grows irritated at the demon in her bed.

"Can you say something?!" Her voice squeaks with frustration, and Boscha shuts down.

Her tears stop, and all the emotions that swam in her eyes retreat like fish into the dull icy blue water.

No smile or frown. No laughter or tears. She remained an empty husk.

Willow sighs. She doesn't have the patience to take care of her. She couldn't stand seeing all this pain, but this wasn't okay either.

The room was silent.

"I'm sorry... I-its been a long day." Willow sighs. "I shouldn't have gotten irritated..."

"I'm sorry too..."

The plant witch stares for a moment, confused. "Sorry for what?"

"A lot honestly... I know I apologized back in the cabin... But an apology doesn't make everything go away..."

"Of course it doesn't. But I forgave you."

Boscha sighs. Her emotions rise again. Willow can tell she's frustrated and possibly sad or angry, but she can't really pin point it all.

"Willow... I apologized... But if I go back to doing the same old routine out of habit... What's an apology going to do?! I have a short fuse, and I get angry... A lot! I have a hard time understanding anything that isn't a threat or an insult or some manipulative scheme..."

"I can always direct you back onto the right path if you go off course." She smiles reassuringly.

"And what if you can't get me there? What if I don't listen... What if I just ignore you because that's what I'm used to."

"Well for being used to ignoring me, you sure are listening quite well." She giggles.

For a moment icy-blue eyes meet forest-green, and it feels just a little more peaceful.

Boscha looks down at her hands as tears threaten to fall. She sighs again.

"You're right... I am... And I don't know why I am. I'm not used to it... It's new... And I'm scared."

"New can be scary... But what do you find scary about this?"

"I'm scared of messing up..."

"Is that all?"

The halfing hugs herself.

"I'm scared of getting hurt..."

Willow waits.

"Hurting you..."

She nods.

"Or my parents finding out..."

Willow goes to say something but shuts up when Boscha looks up at her.

"... And hurting your family..."

It's then that Willow remembers just how much damage Boscha's parents can do...