Chapter 5

After Willow asked what was wrong, Boscha felt it was finally time to tell someone what had been going on in her life.

Who better to tell than the person who suffered due to her home life.

"My parents beat me..." The Demon's voice was small, weak, and broken.

The tone was surprising to Willow but not as shocking as the words themself.

The plant witches eyes went wide and she sat back. "They... Beat you?" She questioned.

The three-eyed demon nodded. "They've been beating me for as long as I can remember."

"I... Boscha that's horrible! Why haven't you told anyone?!"

"Who was I to tell Willow?! Everyone looks at me as a monster! I used to be a scary one and able to please my parents by being the best... But now I'm just a disgusting, useless monster... No one wants me around." The pink haired demon hugged herself tightly.

Realizing she was partially the cause of Boscha's horrible thought process, Willow pulled the halfling into a hug.

"I'm sorry." She wispered in the other girl's ear.

To her surprise, the pink-haired demon hugged her back. Even more surprising, she began to cry.

"No..." She choked out. "You have no reason to be sorry. I'm sorry! I'm sorry that I took everything out on you! That I did all these... Things... To you... I was childish, selfish, and cruel! I had no right! I'm sorry! Please... Forgive me..." She cried into Willow's shoulder.

Willow smiled slightly, tightening her arms around Boscha. "I forgive you."

"You do?" She asked, shocked at the response she had received.

"Yes, I do, I forgive you." The plant witch smiled warmly.

"After everything I did... You forgive me... Just like that?"

"Boscha, I've known you for years. I have never once heard you say sorry or seen you cry. To have both happen right now, to see the pain you hold, I know you're telling the truth. You've tried to be nice, to use the rules I set... That means something to me, and that should mean something to anyone else who may see this side of you."

"...Thank you, Willow..." 

Both girls closed their eyes and enjoyed the hug they were sharing. When they opened their eyes, they were no longer in the cabin, instead they were in Principal Bumps office. 

"We're back...?" Willow questioned. 

"I-it seems so..." 

The office was empty, the lights were off, and the place was quiet. Looking out the window, the girls could see the night sky. 

"I... I guess that means we go... h-home." The demon stuttered slightly. 

Willow instantly recalled what Boscha had told her. Her face paled slightly. The three-eyed demon was going to have to go home... to her abusive parents. 

"Um... I-I guess I'll see you tomorrow then... Thank you for listening, Willow." She got up and turned to leave. 

The plant witch grabbed the demon's arm tightly. "NO!" 

The pink-skinned girl flinched. Her ears angled down, and she seemed slightly scared. 

Willow released her, noticing she had harmed her. "I'm sorry! I just, I don't want you to go home. Especially after what you told me!"

"I..." Boscha looked off to the side. "I don't really have any other options..." 

The plant witch thought for a moment. "You could come stay with me." 

"I... I don't think that's a good idea... I mean... your parents... they... you've probably told them about me. They wouldn't be very uh... happy about me being there! And... I mean... we just got out of the cabin... we got out of there so we could... not live with each other." The demon rambled. 

"This is different. We know a bit about each other now... we're closer... Look... I just want you to be okay. I don't want you to get hurt again... please, come stay with me until we can figure something out..." 

"...But... what if they come to get me... what if they harm you too?" 

"Let's not think about that." She offers a reassuring smile. 

She swallows then nods. "Okay..."

"Let's go then, my dads are probably worried... heh." Willow grabs Boscha's hand and leads her out of the school. They walk silently down the streets, heading to Willow's home. 

When they arrive, Willow's dads immediately scold her for getting in trouble, but they are relieved that she came home so soon. They had been informed of what the punishment was, so they knew that the two of them had to of made up. That didn't make the two men trust the halfling though. 

"So, why did you invite her here?" Her light-skinned father, Carlos asked. 

"Well... she needed somewhere to go..." 

"And why couldn't she go to her home?" Her dark-skinned father, Gilbert questioned.  

"Well... her parents..." Willow trails off and looks off to the side. 

Boscha looks down, her ears angle down. 

The unfinished sentence and silence left the two men concerned. 

"Her parents what? What do they do? Please, don't tell me they..." Carlos leaves the question unfinished, the thought being to much for him. 

The halfling tried not to cry. She desperately tried to hold back her tears, but she ultimately couldn't keep her tears at bay. She went to her knees, crying. 

Carlos covers his mouth in disbelief, and Gilbert's eyes turn dark with anger. 

"Those... monsters." The dark-skinned man growls. 

The lighter-skinned father approaches Boscha, wrapping her in a hug. "I'm so sorry that you have to go through this." 

Willow went over to her father and her former bully. She joins the hug. Boscha continues to cry as she's held in their embrace.