Chapter 4

Anger flared inside of Willow. Not at Boscha but at herself for what she had said. Her eyes began to glow green.

"I said I'm not leaving without you... And I mean it!"

Vines shot from the ground and wrapped around the massive beast. The plants pulled and tugged, breaking the bones, tearing the flesh, and overall mutilating the monster.

It let out horrendous screeches of pain, but Willow didn't stop until it was silent. Once it stopped making sounds, the vines pulled the disfigured beast under the soil.

After the creature was out of sight, Willow's eyes went back to normal. She ran quickly over to Boscha.

She knelt down beside the injured girl. She wasn't sure what to do now. There was blood seeping into the snow... Boscha's blood.

"L-let's get you back to the cabin quickly. We need to patch up that wound."

"You could've gotten yourself hurt..." The demon mumbled.

"Yeah, and?! You could've gotten yourself killed... We don't have time to argue." She pulls the pink-haired halfling to her feet. "Let's get back..."

Willow began to walk in the direction she assumed was back, but she didn't know for sure.

Luckily she was correct about the direction... Unluckily, it had taken a while to get back. Boscha was still conscious, but there was a trail of blood behind them and the girl was still bleeding. Willow was surprised the girl was still awake.

She could say with confidence that the demon had a strong will to survive. She pulled the triclops through the door of the cabin then over to the couch. She laid the girl down on the couch. 

The plant witch began to treat the wounds with the small amount of healing magic and medical knowledge she had. She managed to get the bleeding to stop, but she had failed to realize her patient had passed out. 

When she finally realized Boscha was unconscious, she began to panic. She couldn't do much in this situation. She calmed herself then came to the decision to stay beside the triclops until she awoke. She wouldn't rest until she opened her eye

Willow had tried to stay up until Boscha awoke, but the day had been exhausting. So much had happened since she had woken up to go to school. She had fallen asleep holding the pink-haired demon's hand. 

The potion student had woken up with a gasp, pain shooting through her entire body. She flinched as she sat up. A cold draft swept through the house, causing Boscha to shiver. The fire was dying, and she could hear the wind howling outside. She felt a strange pressure on her hand, so she looked to her hand, which was still held in Willow's grasp. 

The plant witch's hand was warm and soft. The demon ran her thumb across the other girl's knuckles. Her brow furrowed as she began to go into deep thought. 

She was stuck in that cabin with Willow until they developed a better relationship. She had already messed up on multiple occasions. She was the only reason they weren't able to move forward. She came to the conclusion that she needed to change. Honestly, she should've thought about it sooner. 

She decided she would try her hardest to change. She would be better. She would be kinder. She was confident for a moment, but her mind betrayed her. Her darker thoughts took over and she was back to her younger years. 

--Flash Back--

Boscha had gotten into a fight with a student who had called her a monster. Their parents were called to discuss the situation. While the other student stood inside the office with his parents, the triclops was forced to stay outside the office. She was leaned against the wall and able to hear everything. 

"That fiend shouldn't even be allowed in this school! She almost clawed my son's eye out! She's dangerous and unpredictable." The kid's mother nearly yelled. 

"My child isn't a fiend. She just stepped out of line. I'll straighten her out after school, Mrs. Kip." Boscha's mother assured. 

"We apologize for our daughters insolents. This won't happen again." Her father finished. 

"If this happens again, I'm afraid I'll have to kick Boscha out of the school." Principal Bump told them. 

They both had confirmed they understood. The Kip family left first. The child, Markus Kip, glared at Boscha as he walked past and mouthed 'monster.' 

The three-eyed demon wanted to get up and punch him, but she knew her parents weren't happy with what she had done. Not wanting her punishment to be any worse she stayed where she was until her parents told her to get up, and they walked home. 

Her punishment had been horrendous. It had been so painful that she could barely make it to school the next day

--Present Time--

That wasn't the first time she had been punished in such a way nor was it the last.

She absent-mindedly rubbed a scar that was on her shoulder. She had gotten this one when her father got drunk and smashed a half full bottle down on her shoulder. A cut had gone from her shoulder down to the middle of her back.

He had been yelling at her that she was a mistake. That she was making them suffer.

Kids at school always whispered about her, saying she was a monster and for the longest time they were scared of her. They avoided getting near her. Left her to work alone all the time. They wanted nothing to do with her.

She had started to take advantage of that fear because there was nothing else she could do. Her parents had started to praise her, tell her she was worth something because she started accomplishing more!

Then that human came around. She wasn't scared. She showed confidence, and in the end, she beat her. She won everything while Boscha was left to fall.

Her parents found out, and she was punished. All that love and praise she had received was turned to hate and directed at her all at once.

She's a monster that isn't needed, or loved, or even wanted. She's a creature that shouldn't have been born. She's a demon incapable of change. Everyone has reminded her of this. Even Willow. She's just a disgusting monster that no one wants.

The three-eyed demon felt her tears fall. She growled lowly at herself and tried wipe her tears away.

She sighed softly, realizing they weren't going to stop. She pulled her hand from Willow's grip then pulled her knees up to her chest. She hugged her legs and just stayed there, crying silently.

"Boscha?" She heard Willow's tired voice, but she didn't respond.

The plant witch realized she was upset despite her groggy state. She got up off the floor and got on the couch in front of Boscha.

"Hey, what's wrong, Boscha?"

The demon finally spoke, but the words were not ones Willow was expecting to hear...