This is Why I Don't Listen to FM

Tony had been out scouting around for Spider-Man three times this week without luck. It was as if the vigilante had disappeared off the face of the Earth--along with his appliances.

Peter had his first day of school today, along with a tutoring session with his friend from the public school. Tony was glad that Peter was able to put his talents to good use and help others who might've been struggling--it was very grown-up of him.

Much to Happy's annoyance, Tony insisted on driving the kids to school today. 

He let Harley have first pick of seats to help curb his jealously a bit, and he went with the usual shotgun. Peter and Morgan crawled in the backseat, Peter having to snap in Morgan's pink carseat. Poor guy had to suffer through ten minutes of her talking adamantly about her first preschool class until they arrived at the school.

Harley and Morgan went to the same school, but different buildings. The preschool and elementary were in a colorful building with painted sidewalks and a playground, while the junior high was a sleek-looking teenager-haven.

"Bye, Harl! Catch ya later, Morgs!" Tony called out the window as the kids made their way down their separate sidewalks. Harley gave a wave and continued into the school by himself, head down and talking to no one. Morgan bounded up to a group of girls with colorful clothes and sparkly backpacks, joining them in a game of hopscotch in the schoolyard. Tony smiled to himself.

"Want to sit up front?" Tony asked, shooting Peter a smile over his shoulder. Peter smiled back and switched seats. "Are you excited for your first day back at MSST?"

"Yeah!" Peter nodded eagerly as Tony swung the car out onto the main road. "I haven't seen Ned in ages; he doesn't even know that I'm staying with you! And I haven't seen MJ in awhile, either!"

"Who are they? Your friends?" Tony asked, snatching at a chance to make conversation.

"Yeah." Peter smiled to himself. "I've been friends with Ned since we were born, and we started talking with MJ last year."

"So, what does MJ stand for? Michael Jackson?"

"She's a girl," Peter mumbled, face instantly flushing a deep red color. Tony smiled smugly to himself. "MJ stands for Michelle Jones."

"Ah." Tony nodded wisely, continuing to smile.

"What?"

"Nothing."

They rode in silence for awhile, until Tony pulled up at Midtown Tech. There were all sorts of braniac-looking kids entering the building, various robotic projects clutched in their arms.

"Did you miss a science fair or something?" Tony scoffed.

"No, those people are just robotics lab." He saw Peter looking at the projects wistfully. "So, um, Happy's picking me up at four thirty, right?"

"Yeah," Tony sniffed. "Most likely it'll be him, but I might decide to hitch a ride. I want to hear about this tutoring thing!"

Peter shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "Yeah, well, we're not doing much. Just some robotics."

"Ah, robotics," Tony sighed pensively. "Where are we picking you up?"

"Uh..." Peter rubbed the back of his neck. "We're--we're meeting at a coffee shop...called...the Foam Party."

Tony snorted. "Is that a coffee shop or a disco?"

Peter hesitantly opened the door and stepped outside. "Well..bye."

"Catch ya later!"

***

When Tony got back to the compound, he decided to do another sweep for Spider-Man with Clint and Steve. They weren't successful.