Captain Blackberry

A/N: I hope you enjoy this little silly chapter. Nothing remotely plot-progressing happens, just some goofy stuff! :p

***

Peter couldn't believe his stay at the Stark Tower was almost over already. In just a few short hours, he would be either living with a new family or he would be on his own again. After twenty-four hours surrounded by Tony Stark and his family, it sounded even worse than before.

As soon as he could get away from Happy and Mr. Stark, he'd rushed to the nearest bathroom to dispose of the two blood vials.

After making sure no one else was in the room, he unscrewed the caps and dumped the blood down the sink. He watched the dark blood going down the drain and tried to forget it was his own straight from his vein. He screwed the caps back on and tossed them into the trash, turning on the faucet to rinse the blood from the sink.

There, he thought, dusting himself off. Now no one will ever even notice.

***

Peter and Morgan were in the kids' room, the place where he had been introduced. He remembered Ms. Pepper Potts standing there with her mouth open, angrily staring at him.

Now he was seated in the middle of the floor, a small red cape Velcroed around his neck and a plastic tiara on his head. Morgan continued to run back and forth between him and the dress-up bin.

"You need more accessories!" Morgan declared, throwing various dress-up items over her shoulder. A pink feather boa, pirate hook, and ratty blonde wig went flying.

"This is a cool cape," Peter commented, fingering the frayed ends and glancing at the stains. It was clearly well-loved.

"That's my Thor cape," Morgan said, rushing back over to Peter with an armload of new accessories. She wrapped the feather boa around her own neck and handed Peter the pirate hook.

"Don't you like Iron Man? He's your dad."

Morgan shrugged. "He's cool. Hey, that's my tiara!"

"Not anymore!" Peter did a fake evil cackle as she snatched it. She stuck out her tongue at him and placed it on her head.

"You're the evil pirate Blackberry!" she cried. "I am Princess Morgan."

"Don't you mean Blackbeard?" Peter asked as he put on an eyepatch and fake beard. Morgan shook her head adamantly.

"No, Blackberry! You have an army of evil fruits!"

She handed him a bin filled with plastic food. Peter chuckled.

"Cool," he said as he inspected a plastic banana. It was very realistic.

Morgan suddenly threw up her arms and yelled, running away from Peter as fast as her little legs could carry her. She disappeared into her little princess-themed tent.

"Arrg," Peter stomped towards the tent. "Where did the Princess Morgan go? I need her to eat the vegetables of doom!"

Morgan stuck her head out of the tent. "Never! Eat your own vegetables, you lazy coward!"

Peter jumped back. "You be the coward!" he rasped. "Me have to eat these dreadful veggies every day while ye be gettin' to live in the fancy land of candy!"

"That's Candy Land to you, Blackberry!" Morgan reached into the tent and brought out loads of stuffed animals. "Take that!" she shouted, throwing them at him.

Peter gave a scream of agony as he was pelted with the stuffies. "My weakness!" he cried, limping off to hide behind the couch.

He slowly peered his head around the side, but Morgan still had a stuffed animal at the ready. It smacked his face, the hard button eyes slamming into his forehead.

"Ouch," he grumbled, rubbing his head. He popped up from behind the couch and held the stuffie up to throw it. "Ye will regret that!" he yelled, chucking it at her tent. She screamed as it smacked the roof and slid down the side.

"Don't throw Mr. Cuddles!" she shouted, her voice out-of-character. "Throw someone else!"

"But you just did!" Peter protested. "Besides, I'm evil!"

"Right!" Morgan smoothed out her princess dress and pulled the curtains closed on her tent.

Peter took a few moments to customize his own secret lair behind the couch. He got one of the plastic swords from the dress-up bin, built a small fort behind the couch, and made sure he had plenty of plastic vegetables.

"Ha-ha!" he jumped out from behind the couch, plastic broccoli and banana in hand.

"Stay back, Blackberry!" Morgan yelled, waving a glowstick wand. Peter prowled the perimeter of her princess tent, trying to look as evil as possible.

"Your glowsticks cannot defeat me," he cried, "for I have the power of the vegetables!"

He extended his arm and pretended to blast something from the plastic food. Morgan yelled and shielded her face.

"My glowsticks may not be able to put an end to your evil reign, but I have something you weren't counting on!"

Morgan thrust out her arm, which had a little red glove with a circular light attached. Realizing it was a play Iron Man-blaster, Peter threw his vegetables over his shoulder and fell to his knees.

"Nooo!" he cried. "My vegetable empire!"

"It's fruits!"

"My fruit empire!"

Peter curled up in a ball on the floor, lying very still. Nothing happened for a few moments, then Peter felt Morgan's small hands shaking him.

"Petey?" she called. "You can wake up now. The game's over. I won!"

"Huh? Wha?" Peter jolted up and pretended to look around in confusion, his beard on crooked. Morgan collapsed on the floor next to him in a fit of giggles.

"That was so fun," Peter exclaimed, taking off the beard and throwing it back into the dress-up bin. Morgan nodded in agreement.

"I've never had so much fun playing before." Morgan brushed her waist-length brown hair over her shoulder and tilted her head at him.

"Well, we don't have to stop now," Peter said with a shrug. "Do you wanna play bears in the fort I made for my secret lair?"

"Yes! Yes!" Morgan jumped up and down. "Hibernation!"

She got down on all fours and crawled around, making growling noises.

"We're friendly bears," Peter reminded her, crawling into the fort after her.

Neither of them saw Tony stroll by and poke his head into the room to check on them, smiling as he watched.