Woah A Lot Happens Here

Peter awoke at five-thirty in the morning out of habit. It was like his brain had an alarm now.

Morgan's arm was draped across his chest and Thor's popcorn had spilled across his lap. The god of thunder had fallen off the couch and rolled five meters away from it, snoring almost as bad as Arnwaldo.

Right. The kids.

He wondered how they were doing--did they all still go to the same school? The thought made him jealous for some reason. He wanted to go with them.

Peter tried to gently move Morgan's arm, but she kept trying to squeeze him like a teddy bear, eyes flitting around like she was having a nightmare. He sighed, brushed the popcorn from his lap, and wrapped the little girl in the blanket. She looked so tiny.

Those 'big brother instinct' feelings sparked again, just for a moment, but he pushed them back down. Hopefully he wouldn't have to stay here much longer.

He'd wanted to get up and hang out in his room, but something told him he would wake up one of the several assassins and soldiers in the room. And that wouldn't bring good results, they might kill him for stepping on their toes or something.

He settled for opening his phone and seeing if any of his friends had texted him. He hadn't told Ned anything that had happened since the party, so he should probably fill him in soon.

There was a text from an unfamiliar number, though. He thought it might have been a scam or an automatic reminder until he opened it, then his mouth went dry.

Hello, this is Gwen Stacy. Are you still available to tutor me?

Wrinkling his brow in confusion, Peter texted back amidst the snores of several Avengers.

Tutor? What do u mean

About twenty minutes later, just as his eyes were starting to get heavy again, Gwen texted back.

6:01

Gwen: Unbelievable

Peter: What?

Gwen: U said u would help me with
Gwen: u know

Peter: Oh right

Gwen: 🤦

Peter: I think I could still help you but my foster parents don't exactly want me to leave the house yet

Gwen: Understandable. Do u think maybe when they do u could meet me at an abandoned warehouse or something?

Peter: Warehouse? sounds spooky

Gwen: Thats because its abandoned u idiot no one will find us swinging in there

Peter: u have webs..?

Gwen: no thats what u will help me with

Peter: oh ok
Peter: u wont turn my tech against me and turn into a villain right

Gwen: NO
Gwen: I WOULD NEVER!
Gwen: that is so mean to even suggest that 😭

Peter: okok im sorry just making sure

Gwen: >:(
Gwen: so how soon do you think u can do this?

Peter: umm idk probably not anytime soon theyre not even letting me go to school yet

Gwen: Alright. Let me know when you're available and you can tell them you're tutoring someone.

Peter: um
Peter: ok i guess