We walked through the throng of shady dealings and glowing drinks. Dancers strutted between the groups and business flowed.

"Proximo!" A voice boomed. "What have you brought me tonight!?"

I rolled my shoulders and offered my forearm which he took in a beefy arm with a toothy grin.

"Henry."

"Stop. You embarrass me." He spat, toasting his drink higher. "Shade."

"I am not calling you that." I said simply.

He took my word as law and nodded. Then his eyes cut to my sister prominently. Despite it all I stepped in front of her and glared him down. He raised his hands to me in placation and offered me a drink. I took it in one motion and downed the amber liquid.

"I want information."

His eyebrows pinched before he became amused.

"You know I would always–"

"Cut the shit. I need everything you have on a top profile contract killer."

He shifted his suit and waved over a serving girl. She rushed him with a bottle and glasses. He proceeded to swipe it and offer me one that I glared down. After two slurps he answered me.

"Proximo, you know I have always served you and Scorpion faithfully. But contract killers work with levels of security not even I have bypassed–"

"That is why she is here." I stated, without room for negotiation gesturing at my sister. He paused and appraised her for the first time.

"I thought she was here for other means..."

I released my fusion pistol from its holster and aimed it at his forehead.

"Now, now brother dear..." Dazz murmured behind me, dripping humour despite the insult. "He is merely a buffoon."

I flexed my hand as the bearded man started trembling before the barrel of my gun. I let the fusion round hum louder a moment longer. Then I lowered it and nodded behind him.

"Show me what I want before my patience runs out."

"Right this way, Proximo." He answered without another beat of hesitation.

Dazz was quicker on the uptake and was sure to swipe at an offered drink before following the Underworld Virtu coder. One that wasn't even half of what my sister was. One that I would use as collateral. One that would have Artella's history or a fusion round through the head. The truth was that my sister could lie to me either way. I didn't trust her as far as I could launch her from a fusion craft. Yet I wanted her here.

And I hated myself for that weakness.

Where was combat serum when you needed it most....

* * * * * 

M A K A Y L A

I had a real taste for Junak.

An Underworld drink through and through. A blue glow and a shameless presence among the dimly lit bars of the Crypt. It also went smoothly down and lingered on the lips the same way a good kiss did.

Speaking of...

I watched a pair of golden eyes under my hood.

The ruler of the Underworld watched me back–but you would never know it.