"i didn't expect it either, but this is a blessing. knowing that my own siblings and parents dreamed of me having my own kid with someone i truly love. being with you was the true blessing. and now, we're becoming a little family." i said, trying not to tear up again.

"alright, no need to be all that soft." kairi laughed. i laughed as well and we stared at each other in silence.

"i love you" kairi smiled.

my heart fluttered.

"i love you too"

it was two days after, and i get to go home tonight. my parents have already seen the baby. oh, and we decided to name him samuel junior cosentino (a.n- don't judge 🙁). kairi was holding him, talking to him. such a cute father-som moment. the doctor knocked and came in.

"alright ms romero and mr cosentino, you just need to sign some papers and you may go home." the doctor said, leaving us some papers and two pens.

"alright, thank you" i said, as he gently left. kairi got up and carefully placed the baby in the crib. he sat down and signed a few papers, as well as i did. we finished and kairi had gone to give it to the doctor. i got up and used the restroom.

kairi came back with the baby car seat carrier (ykwim) and helped me get ready. it felt so long since i've gotten into regular clothes. we got everything ready. can't wait to go home.

"missed you in your regular clothes" kairi said, as he pecked my lips.

"shut up simp" i chuckled.

we finally arrived home. oh my god, i miss it so much. we settled in and i plopped down on the couch.

"feels good to be home" kairi said, as he sat down next to me.

"i miss it, thought it's only been like 3 days" i said. i took the baby out of the car seat and caressed him gently.

"he's definitely got your genes" kairi said, admiring him.

"no, he has yours" i said, studying his face.

"ok fine, he has both of our genes" he lightly laughed.

"he definitely has your hair" i said, touching it softly.

"you're right for once" kairi said.

"fu- eff you" i said, almost slipping out fuck.

kairi's phone ranged and he checked. he answered and walked away a bit, so he wasn't loud. minutes later, he came back.

"my parents, including maiya, wanna come over and meet the baby. is that fine?" kairi asked.

"yeah of course!" i said. i'm excited for his family to finally meet him.

the doorbell rang and kairi went up to the door. he opened it and it was his parents and sister. he let them come in and they sat down on the couch. my suegra (mother-in-law) came up to me and gently hugged me from the side.

"i'm so happy for you too!" she said, smiling. oh how i love her.

"thank you!" i smiled.

"oh look how beautiful he is." she said, softly caressing his cheek.

"you want to hold him?" i asked.

"yes, i love to" she said, positioning her arms. i carefully passed her the baby and she was now holding him. she slowly walked to the couch and gently sat down. my suegro (father-in-law) went and sat down next to her, admiring his grandson.

"he has kairi's genes!" he said.

"mm, he definitely has y/n's genes" kairi's mom said.

"he has both of their genes!" maiya said.

"mom, can i carry him please. i'll be gentle!" maiya pleaded.

"maiya i don't know, he's a newborn" her mom said.

"she can hold him, i trust her" i said.

"alright" she said, standing up carefully. maiya sat down and positioned her arms. mrs cosentino carefully passed him to her.

"now hold his head with your arm, he can't support it yet" she said. maiya was now happily holding her nephew.

"he's so cute!" she squealed quietly.

"what did you name him?" kairi's father asked.

"we named him samuel junior cosentino. i like his first name being kairi's middle name." i smiled.

"beautiful name, i love it" kairi's mom spoke up.

the whole evening, we spent hanging out with kairi's family. it was really nice and fun. maiya loves her new nephew. she calls him sammy. it's a nice nickname. i don't mind her calling him that. they had left and i had put sammy upstairs, to sleep in his new crib. yeah, the nickname got stuck in my head.

kairi and i were in our room, on our bed, just talking and cuddling.

"it's crazy how we're parents now" he said.

"i never knew i would become a mom at 19. this is a new thing." i said.

"a new chapter in our life. now we really have to be responsible and act like adults." kairi said.

"well you, childish mofo" i said, chuckling.

"i'm not childish" kairi defended himself.

"mhm. tomorrow, we should let the group come and meet him" i said.

"duh, they're like part of the family too. gotta meet the little me" he said. i playfully rolled my eyes.

"at first, i was scared of being pregnant. but now, i'm glad i was." i said

"i wasn't ready to become a dad, but i'm glad i am" he said

"can't wait to start this new parenting life"

.•°♈︎°•.

second to last chapter, omg.